Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module [Support Thread]

I'm checking it out and I don't recommend changing those weights from their default, since those are the maximum weights that USPS accepts. There appears to be something funky going on with the International F/R small box.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'm checking it out and I don't recommend changing those weights from their default, since those are the maximum weights that USPS accepts. There appears to be something funky going on with the International F/R small box.
    ... and there is. For whatever reason, USPS is not returning an International Flat Rate Small quote; that's why it's not showing up. For the medium/large boxes quotes, you'll need to take your Tare settings into account when offering USPS international shipping.

Plugin Contributions

I've been using weights similarly for years to solve the same specific need as described without a hiccup. One possibility could be a total weight of 1.25 pounds which is not inclusive in any options (or an invisible rounding error just going over 1.2 pounds). I use the 2nd decimal weight to prevent creating that weight window. 0-1.50, 1.51-3.00, 3.01-7.00, etc

Could another possibility be a 'slight change' in the nomenclature used by the USPS in their Jan 24 update? They were notorious for making a single letter or space change a few years ago.
    Last edited by RixStix; 6 Feb 2021 at 05:25 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    I've been using weights similarly for years to solve the same specific need as described without a hiccup. One possibility could be a total weight of 1.25 pounds which is not inclusive in any options (or an invisible rounding error just going over 1.2 pounds). I use the 2nd decimal weight to prevent creating that weight window. 0-1.50, 1.51-3.00, 3.01-7.00, etc

Could another possibility be a 'slight change' in the nomenclature used by the USPS in their Jan 24 update? They were notorious for making a single letter or space change a few years ago.
    Unlike some of the other shipping services, USPS returns all available shipping methods for a given weight and destination. The logs that I've reviewed have not returned any Small Flat Rate Box quotes.

Plugin Contributions

If you change the dimensions for the International Small Flat Rate box to the actual dimensions of a Small Flat Rate box, the SM FR quotes will be shown.

8.625 x 1.625 x 5.375

I think this has been an issue in the past and the fix was to use actual dimensions. A few minutes ago, I changed the dimensions in my setup to 9.5 x 1 x 5.5 and international sm fr quotes disappeared from the displayed choices. Actually, International First Class also disappeared.

Changed back to actual sm fr size. 1st class and sm fr quotes reappeared. FWIW: I am still using USPS Version Date 2017-09-16

Using these dimensions, an 0-1096 box is still allowed to be used as an alternative packaging to sm fr International ONLY
    Last edited by RixStix; 8 Feb 2021 at 08:03 PM. Reason: additional info
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Rick, are you referencing the Domestic and International Minimum Length x Height x Width settings?

Plugin Contributions

Rick, are you referencing the Domestic and International Minimum Length x Height x Width settings?
    Cindy,

Yes, I am. Domestic already shows the actual dimensions of a SMFR box in the min settings.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Cindy,

Yes, I am. Domestic already shows the actual dimensions of a SMFR box in the min settings.
    Those default international dimensions have been incorrect for a very, very long time. I've validated that changing the International Minimum Dimensions to match the Domestic Minimum Dimensions does, in fact, result in an International F/R Small Box to be quoted.

Thanks a bunch for the information and the correction! I'll get a GitHub issue created for tracking and get those default dimensions corrected.

Plugin Contributions

@RixStix

Plugin Contributions

You don't know how hard it was to force those brain cells to trigger from a session with Linda (ajeh) years ago and once changed in my setup, the settings tend to never be looked at again.

I think at that time, the USPS API actually had the 9.5x1.0x5.5 inch dimensions in the docs.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast