Plugin Contributions

bug westminster_new vs BOX_CONFIGURATION_CAROUSEL

New Install, Westminster_New template
    Plugins - ModList, DisplayLogs, Newsbox Manager, Westminster_New template plugins = Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual & Zen Lightbox
    PHP Version 7.3.23
    All bug fixes installed except the latest one - my website didn't like that one so reversed it.

I've searched through the forums and so far am coming up blank. I don't know whether this relates to my debug log issue with the sideboxes that I've posted in the Westminster_New thread or not. Anne hasn't been on Zencart since Aug to reply to any queries so hoping she is okay.

This is what shows in my ModList
    Code:
    Mod List                                                    tools                    Y    Mod List
    Display Log Files                                    tools                    Y    Display Log Files
    Flexible Footer Menu Install                            tools                    Y    Flexible Footer Menu Install
    Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual                    tools                    Y    Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual
    Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual Config    configuration    Y    Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual Config
    (BOX_CONFIGURATION_CAROUSEL)            configuration    Y    Link cannot be created
    Zen Lightbox Settings                                    configuration    Y    Zen Lightbox Settings
    Westminster New Template Configuration    configuration    Y    Westminster New Template Configuration
    News Box Manager [All Types]                    tools                    Y    News Box Manager [All Types]
    News Box Manager [All Types]                    configuration    Y    News Box Manager [All Types]
    News Box Manager [Type1]                            tools                    Y    News Box Manager [Type1]
    News Box Manager [Type2]                            tools                    Y    News Box Manager [Type2]
    News Box Manager [Type3]                            tools                    Y    News Box Manager [Type3]
    News Box Manager [Type4]                            tools                    Y    News Box Manager [Type4]
    When I search the Developer's Tool Kit I get this but I don't understand what it means:

/includes/installers/westminster_new/2_0.php

Line #206 : $db->Execute("INSERT IGNORE INTO " . TABLE_ADMIN_PAGES . " (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_order ) VALUES ('configCarouselFeatured','BOX_CONFIGURATION_CAROUSEL','FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', CONCAT('gID='," . $configuration_group_id . "),'configuration','Y', 65);");

Any help would be appreciated :-)
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (box_configuration_carousel)

Although I don't totally understand what the issue is that is being reported, I believe it has something to do with:
    BOX_CONFIGURATION_CAROUSEL. One could say, duh obvious that's the title of this thread, but I'm not really seeing a description of what the issue is.

From further deduction, it appears that the only reference to the above constant in the fileset is in the install sql. Further though and this link is made, the constant BOX_CONFIGURATION_CAROUSEL acts like a language type constant, so there is something expected to be "readable" and different for each language that is installed.

Therefore, I would expect that constant to have a define where it could be loaded on each admin page load. This could be accomplished with a file placed at: admin/includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/extra_definitions/

The file would contain at least one define as such:
    Code:
    <?php
    define('BOX_CONFIGURATION_CAROUSEL', 'Westminster Carousel Configuration');
    Or some other definition on the right side that fits what seems to match the intent.

Hope that resolves whatever issue is being seen, because the problem seemed very muddy indeed to figure out from the above text. I mean, I was only guessing because there isn't even a statement about what was the search criteria was when using the developer's tool kit. It may be anything within the line provided...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (box_configuration_carousel)

Thank you... I really shouldn't put these up after midnight at my end lol

I seem to have lost the bit of text asking what the Carousel does and what it is meant to do, because my files can't seem to find it, hence it consistently popping up in the debug log, and I don't know if it ties in with the litebox that is part of the Westminster template... assuming Carousel means going around in circles (which I also feel like I'm doing at times! lol). Is the litebox the photos on each product, the slideshow on the home page or both?
    Elemi

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: westminster_new vs BOX_CONFIGURATION_CAROUSEL

These two things (carousel and litebox) are generally two different things. The carousel yes is along the lines of providing information in a "circular" manner. Typically implemented on the main page of the website where product or "splash" screens are shown to suggest desirable information to look at in the site and changing periodically to show "fresh" info.

The litebox is typically used to bring information forwards usually within some sort of "container".
    This typically done for a product's image(s) but could be used for other information as well.

The absence of the information described, typically relates back to the installation of the template. I seem to recall that although Anne prepared several templates in parallel and with similar features in each that one or more packages required a little more "legwork" to fully install. Information related to that would likely be in the template's forum thread at or slightly after its "latest" release date.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the clarification.

I tried adding the code you suggested above, however it crashed my site so I'm obviously missing a step. I will look again in the Westminster_new thread for Carousel.
    Elemi

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Although I don't totally understand what the issue is that is being reported, I believe it has something to do with:
    BOX_CONFIGURATION_CAROUSEL. One could say, duh obvious that's the title of this thread, but I'm not really seeing a description of what the issue is.

From further deduction, it appears that the only reference to the above constant in the fileset is in the install sql. Further though and this link is made, the constant BOX_CONFIGURATION_CAROUSEL acts like a language type constant, so there is something expected to be "readable" and different for each language that is installed.

Therefore, I would expect that constant to have a define where it could be loaded on each admin page load. This could be accomplished with a file placed at: admin/includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/extra_definitions/

The file would contain at least one define as such:
    Code:
    <?php
    Or some other definition on the right side that fits what seems to match the intent.

Hope that resolves whatever issue is being seen, because the problem seemed very muddy indeed to figure out from the above text. I mean, I was only guessing because there isn't even a statement about what was the search criteria was when using the developer's tool kit. It may be anything within the line provided...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemi View Post
    Thank you for the clarification.

I tried adding the code you suggested above, however it crashed my site so I'm obviously missing a step. I will look again in the Westminster_new thread for Carousel.
    Perhaps more "late night" posting? If the language associated with your site were English and your admin directory were say "bob", then having a file:
    bob/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/westminster_new_carousel_define.php

Containing the below:
    Code:
    <?php
    would have no affect on the catalog side of the store, but if "incorrectly" captured could affect the admin side... It is not clear in the above description of crashing the site whether it was the entire site, the admin, both or what... Further, a site "crash" should have an accompanying logs file in the logs directory...

Plugin Contributions

the admin side...

This page isn’t working
    amoraromatherapy.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500
    Elemi

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Elemi View Post
    HTTP ERROR 500
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ternal_server/

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Dr B, however I'm way too tired and inexperienced to get my head around all that at the moment.

It's going to have to wait until mid-November when work is a wee bit quieter and I've had a mental break rather than a mental breakdown due to my current hours, and I can sit quietly and start analysing it all.
    Elemi