Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: About page

You'll get more info by not mixing posts. And there is a support thread for News Box Manager at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?216422

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: About page

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You'll get more info by not mixing posts. And there is a support thread for News Box Manager at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?216422
    I understand but wouldn't say it mixing posts since my dilemma is between adding a page to the information section (exactly as this subject pertains to) vs adding a plugin which again, is what I was trying to avoid in the original post. I suppose I could start a minimalists' approach to ZC thread. Furthermore, asking if a plugin is any good in its own support thread might not yield the desired results either ;)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding About Page and other content, without plugins?

For Blog/Interview/Article posts you "could" use EZ-Pages. They could even let you cross-link pages to each other using their "TOC" ("table of contents") feature.
    And inside each page you could create links to other pages, much like you would from a blog post or other kind of article, etc.
    The page URL would always be "your_site.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=XYZ" where "XYZ" is the id of the EZ-Page.

That would be the "simplest" insomuch as not adding any additional code or customizations.
    So if "less tech" is what you're after, then yes you can do it that way.

But if a customized URL is important to you, or the ability to "tag" or group articles in other ways that various plugins would give you, then the plugin might be the better route for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding About Page and other content, without plugins?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    For Blog/Interview/Article posts you "could" use EZ-Pages. They could even let you cross-link pages to each other using their "TOC" ("table of contents") feature.
    And inside each page you could create links to other pages, much like you would from a blog post or other kind of article, etc.
    The page URL would always be "your_site.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=XYZ" where "XYZ" is the id of the EZ-Page.

That would be the "simplest" insomuch as not adding any additional code or customizations.
    So if "less tech" is what you're after, then yes you can do it that way.

But if a customized URL is important to you, or the ability to "tag" or group articles in other ways that various plugins would give you, then the plugin might be the better route for you.
    That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234