Plugin Contributions

Default Admin login not workinng after domain transfer

I moving our site to a different webhost. I was able to login into the admin on both the new and old site. Today we transferred our domain to the new webhost and the admin login stopped working. I tried to reset the password but I did not receive any email at all.
    I checked both /include/configure.php and /admin/include/configure.php and the look correct. After the domain was transferred I only changed in both files
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://ourdomain.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://ourdomain.com');
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true'); changed it from false to true.

I tried to reset the password but never got an email. I inserted a default admin login into the admin table and tried to login using those credentials but I am still getting

"You entered the wrong username or password."

Any idea what is causing it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin login not workinng after domain transfer

Two possibilities:
    1. Since the message is actively telling you wrong username, you probably have the wrong DB_PREFIX set in both configure.php files, therefore it's reading wrong tables for login details and therefore no valid match

2. If it were reloading the login page without any message then I'd suspect browser cookies being cached but no matching session in the new database because it's on a different server. Clearing browser cache and cookies for the domain solves this.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the recommendation.
    There are no prefixes on the tables. So I am using define('DB_PREFIX', '');
    Our homepage is working so if I the database set incorrectly I assume it would not be working either.
    I cleared the cache and cookies it did not help. The page reloads after clicking Login and gives me the You entered the wrong username or password.
    I am having another problem, we are receiving payments for orders but not getting any confirmation emails or records of such orders in the database.

Plugin Contributions

I checked and there are now prefixes on the tables so define('DB_PREFIX', ''); should be correct. The homepage is working so I assume if the database was not setup correctly, I assume the homepage would not work properly.
    I cleared the cache and cookies but still getting an error You entered the wrong username or password. after the page reloads.
    I am having another problem, we are receiving payments but we are not getting any confirmation emails or any new order related records in the database.

No errors are generated in the public_htm/log directory
    The only error I see is File not found [/home/angelfi1/public_html/site.webmanifest]

Plugin Contributions

I found one mistake, I was inserting the default Admin user into a wrong database. Duh. :-(

Plugin Contributions

Not sure however, why the Confirmation emails are not sent, still no errors in the log directory.