Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers can't create accounts after installing Recaptcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeonstone View Post
    Folder rights (write access) is open on the logs and cache directories.

The folders are not full.

The most recent file in the cache directory is the .htaccess file created Oct. 19th 2019

The most recent file in the logs directory is a visitor access log I created also in Oct. of 2019.

The only errors that I am seeing on the hosting side of things are the daily list of AH01797 errors generated by my IP banning list blocking (most) Russian and Chinese IPs from accessing the site.
    I played nice and only did a half walk-around for reCaptcha... created an account no problems, logged off, reloaded and logged in again... I didn't receive a welcome email yet!

If the emails came from your site contact_us page, then reCaptcha must be working. I created an account, so again... it must be working.. If you have a good host, then you should have access to your php error logs, start there. Plan to update, old PHP has known holes..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    I played nice and only did a half walk-around for reCaptcha... created an account no problems, logged off, reloaded and logged in again... I didn't receive a welcome email yet!
    That's odd, I received my copy of your welcome email. Yours should have been generated and sent at the same time.

It could be because you used a Gmail acct. It always seems hit or miss as to whether their servers will pass emails from our mail server through or shove them off into some hidden "spam" folder on their side of the system.

Sometimes the emails go through just fine, other times it seems like Gmail just deletes them without notifying anyone.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeonstone View Post
    That's odd, I received my copy of your welcome email. Yours should have been generated and sent at the same time.

It could be because you used a Gmail acct. It always seems hit or miss as to whether their servers will pass emails from our mail server through or shove them off into some hidden "spam" folder on their side of the system.

Sometimes the emails go through just fine, other times it seems like Gmail just deletes them without notifying anyone.
    I've not had any problems with gmail or others and I didn't see anything in my spam box... many tools online to check your MX ans SPF records.. You can also check if you made the spam block lists..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    I've not had any problems with gmail or others and I didn't see anything in my spam box... many tools online to check your MX ans SPF records.. You can also check if you made the spam block lists..

This has been an ongoing thing with Gmail for years now.

Sometimes, a customer will get no emails or notifications (and I will get no rejection notices), while another customer making an account on the same day (also using gmail) will receive everything without any problems.

And when I have called the customers that don't get the emails and asked them about it directly they also don't have anything in their spam folders.

And according to Google, I am not on their block list.

Plugin Contributions

It's not Gmail's fault that your site has no DMARC settings, incorrect SPF/MX, or SOA records presented to it with your emails. Ask your host.

https://tools.dnsstuff.com/#dnsRepor...ngeonstone.com

Or, more precise, run some tests at https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx

When Gmail is dropping your emails in the bit bucket, you know you have serious setup problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12