Plugin Contributions

Default Online drinks/snacks sales for a theater

Using v1.5.7, PHP Version 7.4.9, MySQL 5.7.32.

Hi I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction? I am putting together a setup to allow people who have purchased tickets for a theatre show to pre-order drinks and snacks, so they don't have to queue at the bar (The seating is "socially distanced"). The problem I have is how to link the purchases to a particular performance. All the performances are listed in a table of a MySQL database.

I have tried putting in a dropdown selector in the "Customer Comments" field on the shipping page of the checkout, which does work, but this is not displayed (apart from as a yellow dot) on the "Customers/Orders" listing of the admin - Ideally it would be great if this text was displayed in the listing (and even better if the listing could be sorted on that field).

At the moment, this is just living on a test server under my desk, which is not connected to the outside world.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers - Henry

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Online drinks/snacks sales for a theater

Seems like it would be difficult to maintain the listings on the site.

What about a text block where the customer enters the movie and time? Perhaps there is a code on their ticket that they could enter to identify the movie and time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Online drinks/snacks sales for a theater

Assuming they used the same system to purchase their ticket, they have access to their order history, where such an option could be made available.

Would think would want to maybe "cutoff" that ability at a certain time after the images were pushed to the screen so that ordering in theater doesn't disrupt the other watchers. That of course though begs the question of what appears to be a need to limit the ordering to those that have purchased a ticket as would think would want it available regardless the way they got their ticket (in person or online).

There are other ways, such as during checkout, as a separate purchase, etc... also some things would want to think about regarding the items being prepared too far in advance of pickup, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...