Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default URL before releasing a new product

Is there a way to find out the URL of a particular product before it is released in the store?

The reason I am looking for that is in order to schedule posts on my blog or on FB where I would be able to use the URL ahead of time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: URL before release

Wouldn't the canonical just be....
    mywebsite(dot)com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=123456
    where 123456 is the product id of that product

Plugin Contributions

Possibly, but it also involves the category with a different ID.
    I would not want to have the wrong url by putting the pieces together, so i was hoping there was a simple way to copy/paste it from somewhere.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    I would not want to have the wrong url by putting the pieces together, so i was hoping there was a simple way to copy/paste it from somewhere.

There are many possible urls if you want to include a cPath as it may be in many categories.
    However the canonical url is normally the direct route to the product and regardless of how many categories it may be in. The canonical url is always the same. (unless you have modified default zencart behaviour)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    While looking at the product in your categories/products listing, between the products_id and the product's name, there should be a "preview" button. The link there contains only the cPath of the current category rather than the "tree" that leads to that particular category, but otherwise the link presented there is expected to be the URL (at least in ZC 1.5.6 that became the case, I don't think I have a 1.5.5 site to which to access and validate/review)... The "direct" cPath though to land at the "desired" category would be built with the top category first, underscore, the next subcategory, underscore, final category.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Presumably you currently have the product marked as 'disabled'. The easiest of doing this, other than manually creating the URL, is to enable the product then copy the URL before disabling it again.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Presumably you currently have the product marked as 'disabled'. The easiest of doing this, other than manually creating the URL, is to enable the product then copy the URL before disabling it again.
    Thanks. I thought there was a "simpler" way while in the backend and uploading the product.

Plugin Contributions

To paraphrase:

Name:  Clipboard01.gif
Views: 72
Size:  8.8 KB
    you can copy the link from that icon (which is used to open the product in the shop).
    A caveat is that if you are using a url rewriter to make "friendly" urls, this will also be "friendly"...which will becoem a broken link/break if you edit the name of that product.
    So, you should always post the native/static url (... index.php?main_page=product_info etc..) and always use the native url if you are using links inside product descriptions to other products).
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    To paraphrase:

Name:  Clipboard01.gif
Views: 72
Size:  8.8 KB
    you can copy the link from that icon (which is used to open the product in the shop).
    A caveat is that if you are using a url rewriter to make "friendly" urls, this will also be "friendly"...which will becoem a broken link/break if you edit the name of that product.
    So, you should always post the native/static url (... index.php?main_page=product_info etc..) and always use the native url if you are using links inside product descriptions to other products).
    If I right-click on that icon, copy and paste it into a new window, it does not direct me to the store.
    Here is one link I would get from that icon:

https:// creationcassel.com/store/my-actual-admin/product.php?cPath=9&pID=412&action=new_product_preview&read=only&product_type=1

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Plugin Contributions

What friendly url rewriter are you using where the name change results in a broken link?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast