Plugin Contributions

Default Language package - French

I saw that your french package was obsolete. So I translate it and put my work on a new web site : kadomino-comicstrips.com.
    When I look to the main page I have it in French. But I cannot have access to my AdminPanel ; I got error Msg 500.
    In my Log I have this :
    [04-Nov-2020 19:11:37 America/Chicago] Request URI: /frAud-uQT-smOck/index.php?cmd=languages&page=1&lID=1, IP address: 91.180.134.46
    #1 require_once() called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/frAud-uQT-smOck/includes/classes/configurationValidation.php:21]
    #2 configurationValidation->__construct() called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/includes/autoload_func.php:44]
    #3 require(/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/frAud-uQT-smOck/includes/application_top.php:37]
    #4 require(/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/frAud-uQT-smOck/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/frAud-uQT-smOck/languages.php:8]
    #5 require(/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/frAud-uQT-smOck/languages.php) called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/frAud-uQT-smOck/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: require_once(includes/languages/french/configuration_validation.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/frAud-uQT-smOck/includes/classes/configurationValidation.php on line 21.

[04-Nov-2020 19:11:37 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/french/configuration_validation.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear') in /home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/frAud-uQT-smOck/includes/classes/configurationValidation.php on line 21

Can somebody help me and tell me where I made mistakes.
    If you wish, I can send you also my French translation for the community.
    Best regards

Dominique

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Language package - French

Quote Originally Posted by Kadomino View Post
    --> PHP Warning: require_once([admin directory]/includes/languages/french/configuration_validation.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    You'll need to copy the english version of that file to the "french" directory and translate it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,
    Thanks.
    Done but I have always an error 500 on the Adm Panel.
    I verify all the files of the translation and come back.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"500 error" means a fatal error happened on the server. If it was from PHP then it'll be explained in the logs so you can troubleshoot from there.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,
    Here is my Log :
    IP address: 91.180.134.46
    #1 require() called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/includes/languages/french.php:79]
    #2 require_once(/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/includes/languages/french.php) called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/LanguageLoader.php:55]
    #3 Zencart\LanguageLoader\LanguageLoader->loadBaseLanguageFile() called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/LanguageLoader.php:24]
    #4 Zencart\LanguageLoader\LanguageLoader->loadLanguageDefines() called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/includes/init_includes/init_languages.php:47]
    #5 require_once(/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/includes/init_includes/init_languages.php) called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/includes/autoload_func.php:37]
    #6 require(/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/includes/application_top.php:37]
    #7 require(/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/home.php:9]
    #8 require(/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/home.php) called at [/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: require(/home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/includes/languages): failed to open stream: Success in /home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/includes/languages/french.php on line 79.

[07-Nov-2020 03:44:41 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear') in /home4/kadomino/public_html/kadomino-comicstrips.com/[admin directory]/includes/languages/french.php on line 79

I compare the English to the French language files. Copy English one to the French and then translate them.

The "testing" web site : kadomino-comicstrips seens to work in French !
    But when I try to enter to the Adm Panel I have this Msg : "Cette page n’est pas disponible pour le moment www.kadomino-comicstrips.com ne peut actuellement pas traiter cette demande. HTTP ERROR 500"
    Translation: This page is not available at the moment.....HTTP ERROR 500"
    I don’t understand the error.
    It looks like there are missing files for the system to work properly. But I can’t see which ones....
    I need your invaluable help

Plugin Contributions

Sorry but i forgot,
    on error_log I have this :
    [07-Nov-2020 13:10:57 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Version warning: Imagick was compiled against Image Magick version 1654 but version 1650 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave surprisingly in Unknown on line 0

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sorry but i forgot,
    on error_log I have this :
    [07-Nov-2020 13:10:57 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Version warning: Imagick was compiled against Image Magick version 1654 but version 1650 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave surprisingly in Unknown on line 0
    Zen Cart doesn't use Imagick. If you don't have any plugins that need it, then you or your hosting company can collaborate to fix that error either by removing Imagick support or fixing whatever is trying to load it.
    It's a PHP config issue, unrelated to Zen Cart.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you wish, I can send you also my French translation for the community.
    Thank you for sharing.
    It is probably best to post it to the Plugins area, with other languages. If the prior French language pack is outdated then you could post yours as an update to the previous one.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/' ...
    That shows that it's (incorrectly) trying to load a whole directory instead of (correctly) just a single file.

... in .../[admin directory]/includes/languages/french.php on line 79
    ... so it would seem something's incorrect on line 79 ... whatever that is...

It would probably be helpful to see your language files. Can you zip them and share them? (Dropbox link? Google Drive link? WeTransfer link?)

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte

Thanks for the answer.
    But I’ve erased everything and I’m starting to check every file again.
    I think my mistake is due to the following fact : I used the NL language Pack to start the translation.
    Now I based on the English one (v1.5.7) !
    When it is finished, I come back and send you my files.
    Till soon