Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with downloads

Server Host: server46.providerlijst.com (46.105.171.35)Database: mgscom_dbServer OS: Linux 4.19.0-9-amd64Server Date: 11/11/2020 20:24:47 Server Up Time: 20:24:47 up 64 days, 7:21, 0 users, load average: 0.21, 0.18, 0.18HTTP Server: Apache/2PHP Version: 7.3.24 (Zend: 3.3.24)PHP File Uploads: OnUpload Max Size: 128MPHP Memory Limit: 128MPOST Max Size: 128M

Having problems with downloads not showing on one product. The customer reported there were no downloads on one product, I looked into the problem and the designer had not added the zips, so I added them. However, they were still not showing up. Having checked in admin it does not see the additional zips. Please see the images attached, one shows a product with the zips showing in the orders area, and the other images shows the product with no orders.
    In the past adding missed zips would allow the customer to download their product and assumed that would be the case for this one.
    I cant see anything else wrong with this order, in terms of payments, and it says it is processing order.
    Any other ideas how I can get the downloads working for this product?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nodownloads.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	19276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOWNLOADS1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	19277  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with downloads

Quote Originally Posted by Webangel View Post
    In the past adding missed zips would allow the customer to download their product and assumed that would be the case for this one.
    I don't think it does that.

From what I recall it only lists the actual downloads into the saved order if the downloads are present (available) at the time the order is placed.

Adding them to a product after-the-fact wouldn't touch prior orders existing beforehand.

IMO you have three options:
    - email them the files manually, with apologies for having not set up the product correctly initially (simplest, fastest, direct customer service)
    - create a discount option (either a coupon or gift voucher) so they can buy it again at no charge now that you've fixed the products (lets the customer self-serve)
    - if you're so inclined and have the database skills, you could edit the database and add the links between all the corresponding components. (not recommended)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with downloads

Is/was the issue that the file(s) were not on the server or that the product didn't have a file identified? If the file was not identified to the product (attributes controller) then definitely should consider one of the above actions, if it was only that the file was not on the server, then yes the order record should indicate that the file was a part of the purchase and if the database filename matches the server filename then the option should be available for download.

Looking at the text of the OP and the two provided images, I can only assume that the image that shows no files with the order is equivalent to the order that is having the problem. If so, then yes, one of the above options would be a way to go. If though the order in question is like the image showing files, then adding the file to the server should have resolved the issue.

That said, and unless I really missed it, what version of Zen Cart is installed? There was one release at some point that had an issue with making downloads visible though I think that is an edge case considering it "appears" that other downloads have/do work correctly.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...