Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to Log in from customer's computer

V1.5.7a / No / NA / Can't yet - no instructions / NA / Softaculous / PHP V7.2.3 - MSQL V10.3.24-MariaDB-cll-lve / rest of the bull is immaterial to my problem.

I can log in from my home computer using Firefox, however, neither I nor the customer can log in from her computer or even my work computer.

When username and password are entered, the page just comes back to the sign in page.

The same is true for my admin login as well as my customer's login. Both will work from my computer but they will not work from any other computer.

There must be something wrong with the site's configuration, but not really sure where to start.

My home computer and my work computer are both configured the same, they are just 10 miles apart.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to Log in from customer's computer

Got a URL? List as yoursiteDOTcom if you're not ready for prime time.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dijenga View Post
    rest of the bull is immaterial to my problem.
    Actually, no. The "rest of the bull" does have relevance. Specifically your site URL, as well as the outcome of following the documentation results found by searching for "login":
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/cant_login/
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...tay_logged_in/

Most likely you have a sessions problem, or a cookies problem (which causes session problems). Those documentation pages cover both, and more.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, did not remember my login and your forum recaptcha keeps sending the wrong data so I can't get the forum to send me a link to create a new password, so I've just made a new login.

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here.
    And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

So, here goes:

https://www.apiarybeekeepingsupplies.com/buzzen/ (url)
    If I could log in remotely Icould tell you for sure, but I think it is 1.5.7a ( I do know that when I checked on Saturday 11/14/2020 it told me I was running the latest version)
    Plugins: 1stPay and Fedex Shipping
    PHP Version: 7.2.33 (last time I checked)

What else do you want???

What is most curious to me, is that I can only log in from my home computer. No other computer will allow me to log in. Afraid to clear cache on that computer because I may have to start from scratch by wiping it off the server and reinstalling. Too much headache for something I'm doing gratis.

I got an angry beekeeper after me!
    Last edited by chadeaux; 17 Nov 2020 at 05:25 PM.

Plugin Contributions

What is most curious to me, is that I can only log in from my home computer. No other computer will allow me to log in. Afraid to clear cache on that computer because I may have to start from scratch by wiping it off the server and reinstalling. Too much headache for something I'm doing gratis.
    Your SSL is incorrect for the URL you are using.

If you find out exactly what you are using as a URL to log in, that will be the answer from other computers until you straighten out the SSL and the configure.php files.

It's a combination of SSL, configure.php files, and (possibly) an missing/incorrect 301 redirect.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Your SSL is incorrect for the URL you are using.

If you find out exactly what you are using as a URL to log in, that will be the answer from other computers until you straighten out the SSL and the configure.php files.

It's a combination of SSL, configure.php files, and (possibly) an missing/incorrect 301 redirect.
    Okay, here goes:

SSL is correct, I typed address in my comment incorrectly. It should have been:

"https://apiarybeekeepingsupplies.com/buzzen/" ... followed by my admin directory

This is the curiosity:

1. I can log in from my phone, my tablet, and any of my computers . . . when I am at home.

2. I cannot log on from any computer at work, or from my customer's pcs - or from the same phone which can log in from my home.

My employer and my customer are both on Windstream as their ISP. 13.8 mbps up, 1.5 down. My home is connected to Swyft Media (never a more deceptive name have I encountered).

All I can figure is that either the ISP is not allowing the logon, or zencart will not allow me to log on from a different IP address.

How do I address that?

Plugin Contributions

BTW, the login pages come up not secure.

Your HTTP_SERVER has an http:// instead of https:// domain in it.
    And your ENABLE_SSL appears to be set to 'false' instead of 'true'. Both admin and non-admin.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the assistance. She is able to access admin panel and is buzzing along.

Plugin Contributions

Another way to help folks on the forum is to let them know what the fix was that enable her to "buzz along."