Plugin Contributions

Default I just updated to 1.5.7a and have weird problem on main page full screen view only.

I just updated ZenCart to version 1.5.7a from a version from 5 years ago that was using a customized theme, which I wasn't planning to reuse. The install went well. There are only two items in the cart for rentals and other payments. I set it up with the responsive_classic template with paypal payments. I have the right hand column turned off. All works well on all pages. Looks all normal on cell phone view. Except with the Main/Home page when on full PC screen width. For some reason the Footer moves up underneath the main column text. Right up under the top menu bar. I have played around with most of the column settings, put it back to two side columns. It does the same thing, but only on the Home page in full screen view. Anybody have any ideas how to fix this problem? The URL is http://save-me-products.com/PH-TTrustPay/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I just updated to 1.5.7a and have weird problem on main page full screen view onl

I'm working with a 2048px wide display and I don't see it. Maybe it's fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I just updated to 1.5.7a and have weird problem on main page full screen view onl

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    I'm working with a 2048px wide display and I don't see it. Maybe it's fixed.
    Unfortunately no it isn't fixed... I am seeing it on the site in question, but haven't tracked down the CSS why... Off to the "right" is the IP address and copyright information which is supposed to be at the footer of the page, not off to the right like it is...

Looks like there is a "misplaced" </div> tag... It appears that the following "compressed" html should be in place:
    Code:
    <div id="contentMainWrapper" class="onerow-fluid" style=""></div>
    <!--bof-navigation display -->

Which moved the </div> up to just before the <!--bof-navigation display instead of closing

instead of:
    Code:
    <div id="contentMainWrapper" class="onerow-fluid" style="">
    </div>
    <!--eof- site copyright display -->
    Now, why that is??? Not yet sure... But it made the difference sought...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Stand by my statement. Don't see anything but full display in four browsers.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Looks like you've got an extra opening div in your define-page content that you didn't close.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, smaller than 1500 is where is starts. Actually 768 to 1500 is the bad part and not a div that I can find.

Around line 388 of your responsive_default.css, you should see the following code:
    Code:
    /* The below code will also keep your header and footer from expanding past (980px) *//* Changing the % (100%) to a px (980px) will keep #headerWrapper & #navSuppWrapper from expanding past (980px) */
    div#headerWrapper,div#navSuppWrapper {width:100%;margin:auto;}
    #navMain ul{width:60%;}
    #navMainSearch{width:35%;text-align:right;margin-right:10px;}
    #navMainSearch input[type=text]{width:45% !important;}
    #navCatTabs ul li{display:inline-block;}
    Adding a clear:both call to the only line requiring 100% will clear the previous settings and let it do what you want.

Result should look like:
    Code:
    /* The below code will also keep your header and footer from expanding past (980px) *//* Changing the % (100%) to a px (980px) will keep #headerWrapper & #navSuppWrapper from expanding past (980px) */
    div#headerWrapper,div#navSuppWrapper {clear:both;width:100%;margin:auto;}
    #navMain ul{width:60%;}
    #navMainSearch{width:35%;text-align:right;margin-right:10px;}
    #navMainSearch input[type=text]{width:45% !important;}
    #navCatTabs ul li{display:inline-block;}

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When viewing Page Source in the browser, you'll see an extra opening div on line 311:

Code:
    <div id="indexDefaultMainContent" class="content"><div>
    That div is what's causing both the black/gray overlay in the top menu as well as the rightcolumn mess.

I'm pretty sure it's coming from the define_main_page, because it's not part of the template.
    It might be in a language file.

Removing that particular div makes the page look/operate well in my testing.
    No CSS changes needed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Good catch. Guess I lost the fact one of the </div> was for the .centerColumn in my bifocals.

I'd leave the clear:both as it appears to be the only one without that call. It does affect the display when the entire right column is turned off and the screen size is between 767 and 1501.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Looks like you've got an extra opening div in your define-page content that you didn't close.
    Thanks so much! I copied text over from previous shopping cart, and I must of failed to get copy of one of the closing DIV's. Had to believe though that an error in the define_main_page.php would mess up the responsive_classic template in just this one manner, but it did. I just wasn't looking there for the answer. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! To each of you who helped me with this.
    Last edited by NDboots; 20 Nov 2020 at 04:34 PM.