Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion paypal sandbox testing return back to timeout page

Hi every one, I am using zen cart V157a, PHP Version 7.4. when I use paypal sandbox to test paypal standard payment, the return page is timeout page after payment completed. It shows "Whoops! Your session has expired."

Does anyone know what is the problem is?
    Help!
    Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal sandbox testing return back to timeout page

I can't replicate the problem.
    I just tested a fresh v157a install and demo data, installed and configured PayPal Standard for sandbox, and went through checkout without problem.

Tested on PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0RC3, and MySQL 5.7 and 8.0
    No customizations made, no plugins installed.
    Tested on Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

Also tested Express Checkout with Sandbox. Checkout works fine. No timeout.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    Hi every one, I am using zen cart V157a, PHP Version 7.4. when I use paypal sandbox to test paypal standard payment, the return page is timeout page after payment completed. It shows "Whoops! Your session has expired."

Does anyone know what is the problem is?
    Help!
    Thank you.
    Because a relatively full test has just been done and verified that a fresh install works under many conditions, now is the time to explain how the store is different than a fresh install or to match the actions that were successful to see if they also work on your system. There could be differences such as session settings that are causing the issue or some other software that is interfering.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I can't replicate the problem.
    I just tested a fresh v157a install and demo data, installed and configured PayPal Standard for sandbox, and went through checkout without problem.

Tested on PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0RC3, and MySQL 5.7 and 8.0
    No customizations made, no plugins installed.
    Tested on Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

Also tested Express Checkout with Sandbox. Checkout works fine. No timeout.
    Dear Drbyte
    Thank you for making test.
    The problem still happen in my local service and blue host live service. whatever I can sure it is my problem now.
    By the way, at beginning I thought the problem is my customizations, so I checked all the files.... then I test fresh v157a...
    live host...live host with fresh v157a... and test v139h, the problem does not happen in v139h but in v157a.
    So I thought it maybe the bug of v157a.
    Your support is greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Because a relatively full test has just been done and verified that a fresh install works under many conditions, now is the time to explain how the store is different than a fresh install or to match the actions that were successful to see if they also work on your system. There could be differences such as session settings that are causing the issue or some other software that is interfering.
    Thank you. I tried fresh install, but it still the same, maybe other software cause the problem. I am going to test in another PC.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    Thank you. I tried fresh install, but it still the same, maybe other software cause the problem. I am going to test in another PC.
    Make sure your fresh install is from the latest zip file and not some program provided by bluehost.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Make sure your fresh install is from the latest zip file and not some program provided by bluehost.
    Thank you. the new fresh install is from zen-cart.com home page, also I just using BCompare to comfirm that.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: paypal sandbox testing return back to timeout page

It is really weird, I try with different pc, mobile, chrome, firefox... the problem still the same.
    It is the problem of my paypal box setting? but the problem does happen in 1.39h
    I do alot test all night, and found the $_SESSION on the page /index.php?main_page=checkout_process&referer=paypal changed (I annotated the file of includes\modules\pages\checkout_process\header_php.php and print_r($_SESSION)).

The $_SESSION after return from paypal as below:
    Array ( [securityToken] => 58689065033133b8b98794969a93fd10 [customers_host_address] => Sloan [cartID] => [cart] => shoppingCart Object ( [contents] => Array ( ) [total] => 0 [weight] => 0 [content_type] => [free_shipping_item] => 0 [free_shipping_weight] => 0 [free_shipping_price] => 0 [download_count] => 0 [total_before_discounts] => 0 [display_debug_messages] => [flag_duplicate_msgs_set] => [flag_duplicate_quantity_msgs_set] => Array ( ) [observerAliases:base:private] => Array ( [NOTIFIY_ORDER_CART_SUBTOTAL_CALCULATE] => NOTIFY_ORDER_CART_SUBTOTAL_CALCULATE ) ) [check_valid_prod] => 1 [navigation] => navigationHistory Object ( [path] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [page] => checkout_process [mode] => NONSSL [get] => Array ( [referer] => paypal ) [post] => Array ( ) ) ) [snapshot] => Array ( ) [observerAliases:base:private] => Array ( [NOTIFIY_ORDER_CART_SUBTOTAL_CALCULATE] => NOTIFY_ORDER_CART_SUBTOTAL_CALCULATE ) ) [language] => english [languages_id] => 1 [languages_code] => en [currency] => USD [today_is] => 2020-11-22 [updateExpirations] => 1 [session_counter] => 1 [customers_ip_address] => ::1 )

The $_SESSION without paypal payment, just type the url /index.php?main_page=checkout_process&referer=paypal like this:

Array ( [securityToken] => c89e510ccbf53fe56374f2ce67e731a0 [customers_host_address] => Sloan [cartID] => [cart] => shoppingCart Object ( [contents] => Array ( [1285:9bfd0113aaf041831d536f4b619c1b60] => Array ( [qty] => 1 [attributes] => Array ( [1] => 0 [2] => 0 [3] => 0 [4] => 0 [5] => 0 ) [attributes_values] => Array ( [1] => 1 [2] => 21 [3] => 31 [4] => 341 [5] => 143 ) ) ) [total] => 169.95 [weight] => 23 [cartID] => 99707 [content_type] => [free_shipping_item] => 0 [free_shipping_weight] => 0 [free_shipping_price] => 0 [download_count] => 0 [total_before_discounts] => 169.95 [display_debug_messages] => [flag_duplicate_msgs_set] => [flag_duplicate_quantity_msgs_set] => Array ( ) [observerAliases:base:private] => Array ( [NOTIFIY_ORDER_CART_SUBTOTAL_CALCULATE] => NOTIFY_ORDER_CART_SUBTOTAL_CALCULATE ) ) [check_valid_prod] => 1 [navigation] => navigationHistory Object ( [path] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [page] => checkout_process [mode] => NONSSL [get] => Array ( [referer] => paypal ) [post] => Array ( ) ) ) [snapshot] => Array ( ) [observerAliases:base:private] => Array ( [NOTIFIY_ORDER_CART_SUBTOTAL_CALCULATE] => NOTIFY_ORDER_CART_SUBTOTAL_CALCULATE ) ) [language] => english [languages_id] => 1 [languages_code] => en [currency] => USD [today_is] => 2020-11-22 [updateExpirations] => 1 [session_counter] => 1 [customers_ip_address] => ::1 [customer_id] => 2 [customers_email_address] => [email protected] [customer_default_address_id] => 7 [customers_authorization] => 0 [customer_first_name] => 249956453 [customer_last_name] => 249956453 [customer_country_id] => 223 [customer_zone_id] => 0 [messageToStack] => Array ( ) [valid_to_checkout] => 1 [cart_errors] => )

so I saw some sessions were unset or miss. please tell me why!!!

In which certain conditions will break those sessions?

Does paypal post informations back to zencart and bulid new session when return, such as customer_id?

Masters! I need you give me some clue.

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What browser are you using? What version? What Operating System?

Is there a business reason for using PayPal Standard instead of the more reliable Express Checkout?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What browser are you using? What version? What Operating System?

Is there a business reason for using PayPal Standard instead of the more reliable Express Checkout?
    I am using 360 browser v12 (last version) and chrome 84.0.4147.38 (x64), the system of pc is win7 x64. The firewall is closed and 360 safe hygiene is totally closed.
    Also I tried on huawei (Honer) phone, the UA information is: Mozila/5.0(Linux;U;Android 8.0;zh-cn; PRA-AL00 Build/HONORPRA-AL00).
    The local host is build by phpstudy with PhP 7.4.3nts, Apache 2.4.39
    The live host is blue host with php 7.4.12

I just reinstall a fresh ZC157a on blue host, no customizations, no plugins, but the problem is still happen.

here is the test buyer account of paypal sand box
    [email protected]
    ub$s5%A<

the admin page of my website is sloanxue.top/zcadmin
    admin user: admin
    password: 6jypfGiT

Could you please help me make test to check if the problem happen on your side?

Thank you so much!

Because I used zencart 1.39h and PayPal Standard on last few years, and never try the Express.
    And I know about PayPal Express Checkout on last 2 days, and I am going to use it once I learned mor about it.
    By the way, can 1 paypal account used on more than 1 website by Express Checkout? because I have some different websites and only have one paypal account.

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast