Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZX POS [Support Thread]

Cancel that last stupid question. It overwrote to a perfect display.
    Waiting to be Zenned - Over-thinking makes an easy task complicated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Thank you again balihr, you're still awesome in my book. Without having looked real closely yet, can I just overwrite the existing tpl_header with this code or do I need to actually merge? The reason is if I just merge, some lines might be duplicated or have some other negative effect.
    If you didn't modify that file earlier, and are using 1.5.7b with responsive_classic template, then yes, you can just overwrite. Otherwise, there are 3 block of code that need to be added, all 3 commented. It's basically just adding a link back to POS if you navigate away using the home button, and it's not like you MUST apply those changes - if you skip that file and don't apply the changes, you just won't have a link in the header to go back to POS (storefront only, of course).

Plugin Contributions

We're good now! I even overwrote the file in my installation folders for all future installations. I guess that updates the module. Good deal, I'll never have to worry about that again.

Plugin Contributions

Does this ZX POS plugin work with card readers so i don't have to manually enter card data?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by asblack View Post
    Does this ZX POS plugin work with card readers so i don't have to manually enter card data?
    Correct me if I'm wrong balihr, but isn't that part of the payment processor? Let's look at the way it's done with online orders: a customer enters the number themselves and Zen Cart gets the approval notice and records the payment. You, then, see that and send out the product. So, if a customer comes in, presents his/her card, you scan it to your payment gateway, get the approval or declined notice and complete the sale in person.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by asblack View Post
    Tricky question. First of all, this has nothing to do with the POS plugin - you get to your standard checkout and any of the already installed payment plugins can be used. So, if you have any payment plugins that allow checkout by credit card, you could in theory use a card reader which would populate your ON-SITE payment fields and you would then be able to continue checkout. I'm not sure if it works out of the box or some additional setup would be needed since (again) it's not related to the POS plugin.
    However - CAVEAT - if the card is enrolled in the 3DS program, you're making an online purchase, meaning you'll be asked to go through the 3DS process. How will you tell your in-store customer that you need to enter their 3DS password?
    The only thing I can think of is using PayPal Here, but this definitely requires a different type of integration to be done.

Of course, this is IF you really need to process the card like that. Otherwise, if you have a POS terminal, you can start the checkout process, separately/independently swipe the card and get the approval on your terminal, and once you get the approval, just finalize the checkout process in Zen Cart using the dedicated "posinstore" payment module.

Summary: The ZX POS plugin doesn't do anything with credit card processing. Use whatever payment handling your store has available.

Plugin Contributions

ZC157-ZX POS
    I guess this is the right forum............kinda hard to tell.
    I have some items priced by attribute. When entering the product I used a barcode in the barcode field. The issue is, 1 barcode for multiple priced options. When scanning the barcode at checkout, it omits all the prices becasue there isn't a barcode for each particular option. At first, I thought this should be a function of Zen Cart - to add a barcode field to the option values to distinguish between the different options available for a single product.

For example: Product=Lemon - with barcode
    options are: 2 gig, 4 gig, 8 gig....etc No Barcodes

So, when you scan the barcode at checkout you only bring up Lemon with no price and you have to go into Lemon thru the storefront, select the option, return to the POS, delete the $0.00 Lemon-and keeping the re-added priced Lemon. Thoughts? Ideas? Work-arounds?

Still up in the air about where this post belongs, since the POS is (so far) the only place we scan barcodes for sales, I think it might belong here.............???

Plugin Contributions

The version here in Plugins doesn't work with the built-in attributes system. If you need to use ZX POS with attributes, you need to install Stock by Attributes plugin (there's a reference zip file included with ZX POS) and then apply the required modifications as per the ZX POS docs. This will allow you to enter a unique barcode per item which will then be usable by ZX POS.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    The version here in Plugins doesn't work with the built-in attributes system. If you need to use ZX POS with attributes, you need to install Stock by Attributes plugin (there's a reference zip file included with ZX POS) and then apply the required modifications as per the ZX POS docs. This will allow you to enter a unique barcode per item which will then be usable by ZX POS.
    Yes sir. I remembered that shortly after the post and have been studying the aforementioned plugin and the issues with 1.5.7. I didn't realize you had the references in the pos docs though. They are helpful. Now if there's still somebody in the SBA forum maybe we'll find out if it will work. Thanks balihr

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    balihr, when you say "...which will then be usable by ZX POS", what should I expect? Now I'm trying to pinpoint a problem and not too sure of where to post. Should I expect the Custom Id to act as the Barcode section of the Product entry screen - that is to ask that when I'm using the POS and I scan a barcode it displays the product in the POS for acting on from there? I'm chasing an issue with it not displaying in the POS screen but it IS being added to the storefront cart, but still with a zero cost.

If I come up with a better understanding of what to expect from the ZX POS and the barcode scanner I could better determine who to point my problem at.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast