Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZX POS [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    balihr, when you say "...which will then be usable by ZX POS", what should I expect? Now I'm trying to pinpoint a problem and not too sure of where to post. Should I expect the Custom Id to act as the Barcode section of the Product entry screen - that is to ask that when I'm using the POS and I scan a barcode it displays the product in the POS for acting on from there? I'm chasing an issue with it not displaying in the POS screen but it IS being added to the storefront cart, but still with a zero cost.

If I come up with a better understanding of what to expect from the ZX POS and the barcode scanner I could better determine who to point my problem at.
    OK, so... Barcodes are in no way part of Zen Cart - it only supports model number. When you installed ZX POS, you got a *new* field that allows you to associate a barcode number with a product.
    Next, attributes in Zen Cart don't support quantity control nor having individual model numbers. This means that if you have a tshirt and set attributes to red and blue, you can NOT set different stock levels with the built-in attributes, nor can you set an individual model number. This is where SBA steps in.
    Once you install SBA, it will allow you to set stock levels for each attribute and it will allow to use Custom ID (basically, model number per attribute). Again, it does not support barcodes because barcodes were never part of Zen Cart. There are some modifications that need to be applied to the SBA plugin for *it* to be able to accept barcodes, and then those barcodes will be used by ZX POS.
    The ZX POS plugin comes with a full version of SBA which you can use to install SBA on your site, and then copy/merge the modified SBA files. The only reason I attached a copy of the SBA plugin is because it's updated quite frequently so the required modifications might become hard to implement.

Now, a simple step-by-step:
    1. install ZX POS (you already have it)
    2. install SBA found in ZX POS zip file
    3. copy the files from "SBA support/files/" to your site
    4. copy/paste the contents of the sql-SBA.txt in your admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches

Now when you go to your SBA page in admin, you'll have a barcode field next to Custom ID, which you will be using to add a barcode for your products, and this data will be used by ZX POS frontend.

I hope this makes sense.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    OK, so... Barcodes are in no way part of Zen Cart - it only supports model number. When you installed ZX POS, you got a *new* field that allows you to associate a barcode number with a product.
    Next, attributes in Zen Cart don't support quantity control nor having individual model numbers. This means that if you have a tshirt and set attributes to red and blue, you can NOT set different stock levels with the built-in attributes, nor can you set an individual model number. This is where SBA steps in.
    Once you install SBA, it will allow you to set stock levels for each attribute and it will allow to use Custom ID (basically, model number per attribute). Again, it does not support barcodes because barcodes were never part of Zen Cart. There are some modifications that need to be applied to the SBA plugin for *it* to be able to accept barcodes, and then those barcodes will be used by ZX POS.
    The ZX POS plugin comes with a full version of SBA which you can use to install SBA on your site, and then copy/merge the modified SBA files. The only reason I attached a copy of the SBA plugin is because it's updated quite frequently so the required modifications might become hard to implement.

Now, a simple step-by-step:
    1. install ZX POS (you already have it)
    2. install SBA found in ZX POS zip file
    3. copy the files from "SBA support/files/" to your site
    4. copy/paste the contents of the sql-SBA.txt in your admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches

Now when you go to your SBA page in admin, you'll have a barcode field next to Custom ID, which you will be using to add a barcode for your products, and this data will be used by ZX POS frontend.

I hope this makes sense.
    Perfect sense. I don't know what I was doing wrong...I tried sba a few times with only partial success, but for some reason repeating those same steps over again it started working right....ahhhhh the wonder of the electron.

Just one confused point-There's a Barcode box on every product creation page in ZC 157b and responsive classic, has been since I started with ZC recently, and actually putting a barcode it there for a single product works flawlessly thru-out the cart functions, gave me the impression there's support for it in ZC 157 or the template. I thought it came with the package, but........Anyway, your statement about barcodes are no way a part of ZC confuses me as to where it came from then. It's quite useful on those single variant prods.
    Waiting to be Zenned - Over-thinking makes an easy task complicated.

Plugin Contributions

Now though, once I log in to the POS thru admin the POS button shows up as expected on the storefront page by the cart and login buttons.....and it USED to take me back to the POS screen when I clicked it, now it throws a 404 and the site map up. the URL is
    https://www.MYSITE.com/index.php?mai...FILENAME_ZXPOS - but I don't remember if that has always been the URL and I lost a link somehow or if I goofed something up and wound up with that FILENAME_ZXPOS by ignorance.......Any thoughts anybody?

Plugin Contributions

Perfect sense. I don't know what I was doing wrong...I tried sba a few times with only partial success, but for some reason repeating those same steps over again it started working right....ahhhhh the wonder of the electron.
    Practice makes perfect.

Just one confused point-There's a Barcode box on every product creation page in ZC 157b and responsive classic, has been since I started with ZC recently, and actually putting a barcode it there for a single product works flawlessly thru-out the cart functions, gave me the impression there's support for it in ZC 157 or the template. I thought it came with the package, but........Anyway, your statement about barcodes are no way a part of ZC confuses me as to where it came from then. It's quite useful on those single variant prods.
    Nope, Zen Cart doesn't come with barcodes out of the box. It only has "Products Model", but no barcode field. That field is part of ZX POS only, I haven't seen that field used in any other plugins. The products_barcode field is added during installation of ZX POS and you get a new input field in the admin that allows you to add a barcode and it normally sits right under the model number field in the admin product page...

Plugin Contributions

Now though, once I log in to the POS thru admin the POS button shows up as expected on the storefront page by the cart and login buttons.....and it USED to take me back to the POS screen when I clicked it, now it throws a 404 and the site map up. the URL is
    https://www.MYSITE.com/index.php?mai...FILENAME_ZXPOS - but I don't remember if that has always been the URL and I lost a link somehow or if I goofed something up and wound up with that FILENAME_ZXPOS by ignorance.......Any thoughts anybody?
    That's strange... The "FILENAME_ZXPOS" is not used in this version of the plugin, it's only used in the commercial version. I just checked the zip file and there's no mention of FILENAME_ZXPOS in the plugin, not sure how you got that...

Plugin Contributions

Argh... My bad... You got it from post #9 but that was my mistake. That code should've been:

Here's a copy of the correct file that should be merged with your existing includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php
    Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Common Template - tpl_header.php
     * this file can be copied to /templates/your_template_dir/pagename<br />
     * example: to override the privacy page<br />
     * make a directory /templates/my_template/privacy<br />
     * copy /templates/templates_defaults/common/tpl_footer.php to /templates/my_template/privacy/tpl_header.php<br />
     * to override the global settings and turn off the footer un-comment the following line:<br />
     * <br />
     * $flag_disable_header = true;<br />
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2020 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: DrByte 2020 May 24 Modified in v1.5.7 $
     */
    ?>

<?php
    // Display all header alerts via messageStack:
    if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
        echo $messageStack->output('header');
    }
    if (isset($_GET['error_message']) && zen_not_null($_GET['error_message'])) {
        echo zen_output_string_protected(urldecode($_GET['error_message']));
    }
    if (isset($_GET['info_message']) && zen_not_null($_GET['info_message'])) {
        echo zen_output_string_protected($_GET['info_message']);
    }
    ?>

<!--bof-header logo and navigation display-->
    <?php
    if (!isset($flag_disable_header) || !$flag_disable_header) {
        ?>

<div id="headerWrapper">

<!--bof navigation display-->
        <div id="navMainWrapper" class="group onerow-fluid">
        <?php
        if ( $detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() || $_SESSION['layoutType'] == 'mobile' ) {
            echo '<div class="header Fixed"><a href="#menu" title="Menu"><i class="fa fa-bars"></i></a></div>';
        } else if ( $detect->isTablet() || $_SESSION['layoutType'] == 'tablet' ){
            echo '<div class="header Fixed"><a href="#menu" title="Menu"><i class="fa fa-bars"></i></a></div>';
        } else {
    //
        }
        ?>

<?php if ( $detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() || $_SESSION['layoutType'] == 'mobile' ) { ?>

<div id="navMain">
                <ul>
                    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><i class="fa fa-home" title="Home"></i></a></li>
                    <?php
                    // BOF ZX POS 1/3
                    if(isset($_SESSION['POStoken'])) { ?>
                        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_BARCODE_CART, '', 'SSL'); ?>">POS</a></li>
                    <?php }
                    // EOF ZX POS 1/3
                    ?>
                    <li><a href="#top"><i class="fa fa-arrow-circle-up" title="Back to Top"></i></a></li>
                    <?php
                    if (zen_is_logged_in() && !zen_in_guest_checkout()) {
                        ?>
                        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-sign-out" title="Log Off"></i></a></li>
                        <?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
                            <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-user" title="My Account"></i></a></li>
                        <?php } else { ?>
                            <li class="last"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-user" title="My Account"></i></a></li>
                        <?php } ?>
                        <?php
                    } else {
                        if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
                            ?>
                                <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-sign-in" title="Log In"></i></a></li>
                            <?php } else { ?>
                                <li class="last"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-sign-in" title="Log In"></i></a></li>
                            <?php } ?>
                            <?php
                        }
                    }
                    ?>

<li><a class="navCartContentsIndicator" href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart" title="Shopping Cart"></i></a></li>
                        <li class="last"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-check-square" title="Checkout"></i></a></li>
                    <?php }?>
                </ul>
                <div id="navMainSearch" class="forward">
                    <?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_sidebox_directory('search_header.php')); ?>
                </div>
            </div>
            </div>

<!--eof navigation display-->

<?php  } else if ( $detect->isTablet() || $_SESSION['layoutType'] == 'tablet' ){ ?>

<div id="navMain">
                <ul>
                    <li class="hide"><a href="#top"><i class="fa fa-arrow-circle-up" title="Back to Top"></i></a></li>
                    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
                    <?php
                    // BOF ZX POS 2/3
                        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_BARCODE_CART, '', 'SSL'); ?>">POS</a></li>
                    <?php }
                    // EOF ZX POS 2/3
                    ?>
                    <?php
                        ?>
                        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
                            <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
                        <?php } else { ?>
                            <li class="last"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>

<?php } ?>
                        <?php
                    } else {
                            ?>
                                <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
                            <?php } else { ?>
                                <li class="last"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>

<?php } ?>
                        <?php } } ?>

<li><a class="navCartContentsIndicator" href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart" title="Shopping Cart"></i>
                                <?php
                                echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS;
                                // Alternatively, if you want to display cart quantity and value, use the following line instead of the one above. Adapt for multiple languages if relevant.
                                // echo $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents().' item(s) '. $currencies->format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());
                                ?>
                            </a>
                        </li>
                        <li class="last"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>
                    <?php }?>
                </ul>
                    <?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_sidebox_directory('search_header.php')); ?>
                </div>
            </div>
            </div>

<?php  } else { ?>
            <div id="navMain">
                <ul class="back">
                    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
                    <?php
                    // BOF ZX POS 3/3
                    <?php }
                    // EOF ZX POS 3/3
                    ?>
                    <?php
                        ?>
                        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
                            <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
                        <?php } else { ?>
                            <li class="last"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
                        <?php } ?>
                        <?php
                    } else {
                            ?>
                                <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
                            <?php } else { ?>
                                <li class="last"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
                            <?php } ?>
                            <?php
                        }
                    }
                    ?>

<li>
                            <a class="navCartContentsIndicator" href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart" title="Shopping Cart"></i>
                                <?php
                                echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS;
                                // Alternatively, if you want to display cart quantity and value, use the following line instead of the one above. Adapt for multiple languages if relevant.
                                // echo $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents().' item(s) '. $currencies->format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());
                                ?>
                            </a>
                        </li>
                        <li class="last"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>
                    <?php }?>
                </ul>
                </div>
            </div>
            </div>

<?php  } ?>

<!--bof branding display-->
        <div id="logoWrapper" class="group onerow-fluid">
            <div id="logo"><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT, HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH, HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT) . '</a>'; ?>
                <?php if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '' || (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2))) { ?>
                    <div id="taglineWrapper">
                        <?php
                        if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '') {
                            ?>
                            <div id="tagline"><?php echo HEADER_SALES_TEXT;?></div>
                            <?php
                        }
                        ?>
                        <?php
                        if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2)) {
                            if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
                                ?>
                                <div id="bannerTwo" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner);?></div>
                                <?php
                            }
                        }
                        ?>
                    </div>
                <?php } // no HEADER_SALES_TEXT or SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 ?>
            </div>
        </div>

<!--eof branding display-->
        <!--eof header logo and navigation display-->

<?php if ( $detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() || $_SESSION['layoutType'] == 'mobile' ) { ?>
            <div id="navMainSearch1" class="forward">
            </div>
        <?php  } else if ( $detect->isTablet() || $_SESSION['layoutType'] == 'tablet' ) { ?>
            <div id="navMainSearch1" class="forward">
            </div>
        <?php  } else if ( $_SESSION['layoutType'] == 'full' ) {
        } else {
    //
        }
        ?>

<!--bof optional categories tabs navigation display-->
        <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_categories_tabs.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_categories_tabs.php'); ?>
        <!--eof optional categories tabs navigation display-->

<!--bof header ezpage links-->
        <?php if (EZPAGES_STATUS_HEADER == '1' or (EZPAGES_STATUS_HEADER == '2' && zen_is_whitelisted_admin_ip())) { ?>
            <?php   require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php'); ?>
        <?php } ?>
        <!--eof header ezpage links-->
        </div>

<?php } ?>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Practice makes perfect.

Nope, Zen Cart doesn't come with barcodes out of the box. It only has "Products Model", but no barcode field. That field is part of ZX POS only, I haven't seen that field used in any other plugins. The products_barcode field is added during installation of ZX POS and you get a new input field in the admin that allows you to add a barcode and it normally sits right under the model number field in the admin product page...
    Shows how fast I put in the POS........I never realized it came with the POS, but now I remember reading something about ZX POS allows scaning products - 1+1=2 I guess, just gotta put em together......Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

i added the sba support and it shows Product Barcode 734995362002 not found

Plugin Contributions

The only idea that comes to mind is a faulty installation on your end. You either didn't install the POS plugin properly, or you didn't merge the required changes as described in the docs. I've had this happen before, but it was just a matter of the plugins not being installed correctly.

Plugin Contributions

I have the commercial version of this pos and just uploaded those sba files from the downloaded version. Would that have anything to do with it? It's like pos not searching in sba db

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast