Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default DeBug-Log file created on every order for Malformed value for session-based shipping

On every order placed, there is a debug file created for: PHP Notice: Malformed value for session-based shipping module; customer will need to re-select: false in /includes/classes/order.php on line 322

I cannot track down whats causing the error.
    Using 1.5.7a PHP v7.3.21 (Zend: 3.3.21)

Using the shipping mod "StorePickup"
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DeBug-Log file created on every order for Malformed value for session-based shipp

Shipping modules are supposed to set the $_SESSION['shipping'] to an array of details, starting with the data POSTed by the customer's selections during checkout.
    In your case, 'false' is being set instead.

So ... something is setting the shipping method to an invalid format.

I just tried to replicate the problem, without success, as follows:

v157a PHP 7.4.12
    fresh install, demo data
    Store Pickup module enabled (tested it with just the default "Walk In" for the pickup name, and also with custom choices with prices; no difference in outcome)
    added "Sample of Product General" to cart
    went thru checkout with Store Pickup and Check/MoneyOrder
    Success
    No errors (except for email failing, because this test site intentionally has no email set up, but it proves that it is properly logging errors if they do occur).

This suggests that the problem is in either the way your site's code is different from a fresh install, or the steps taken to get to/thru checkout. Or maybe configuration settings of store or products.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DeBug-Log file created on every order for Malformed value for session-based shipp

Thank you for the reply!
    It started happening with 1.5.7 after I added a 2nd address for selecting a pickup location. I then upgraded last night to 1.5.7a hoping to fix it.
    I could try uninstalling the shipping mod and reinstalling it? Or do you think this a file modified somewhere? ... or missing?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When I added a 2nd address (actually 3) to test, I just copy-pasted the example:

Sunnyside,4.00;Lee Park,5.00;High Street,0.00

How is yours different?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

FIGURED OUT WHATS CAUSING THE ERROR.... If a customer FAILS to select a pickup location using the Store Pickup shipping mod, its causing the debug error.

Every time I attempted to click CONTINUE from Step 1 to Step 2, it reloads step 1 page for mandatory selection of pickup location.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    When I added a 2nd address (actually 3) to test, I just copy-pasted the example:

Sunnyside,4.00;Lee Park,5.00;High Street,0.00

How is yours different?
    Ahhh... I am not including ANY value with the option, as it's 0. Should I add the 0.00 to the addresses?

CURRENTLY
    Oak Park Temple - 1235 N Harlem Ave - River Forest; (Alternate pickup location for Thanksgiving Meal ONLY) Beat Mix Music - 3200 Doolittle Dr - Northbrook

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonless View Post
    Ahhh... I am not including ANY value with the option, as it's 0. Should I add the 0.00 to the addresses?

CURRENTLY
    Oak Park Temple - 1235 N Harlem Ave - River Forest; (Alternate pickup location for Thanksgiving Meal ONLY) Beat Mix Music - 3200 Doolittle Dr - Northbrook
    No, if it's 0 then the price is not necessary as long as locations are separated by semicolons.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonless View Post
    If a customer FAILS to select a pickup location using the Store Pickup shipping mod, its causing the debug error.

Every time I attempted to click CONTINUE from Step 1 to Step 2, it reloads step 1 page for mandatory selection of pickup location.
    I'm not getting any logs in this situation. Just a quiet reload of Step 1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I'm not getting any logs in this situation. Just a quiet reload of Step 1
    Over the holiday, I'll attempt to delete the shipping mod and then redo it to see if that clears it. I think somewhere I edited one of the files to change the wording displayed in the checkout process... I may have deleted an extra character or entered a character misinterpreted.

Plugin Contributions

I have seen this a few times as well - will monitor and report back on findings.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast