Plugin Contributions

Default This form has already been submitted. Please press OK and wait for this process to be

Hello there,
    I have a strange issue when using the write review page. On v156 fileset it is fine, but on 1.57 ( I think it might have been since the 'a' release as I can see have had some reviews left before I upgraded) it does the following. You write the review as normal, the clicking submit button nothing happens. A second or subsequent times it shows a pop like this

This form has already been submitted. Please press OK and wait for this process to be completed
    No email goes through or error log shows relevant to the page. I did restore the write review files in the pages and template folders, but still the same issue. So I am guessing it might be a javascript error, but can't say I have come across this anywhere else and everything else seems to be working. Only realised there was an issue when a customer emailed to see it was going through. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: This form has already been submitted. Please press OK and wait for this process t

I did a compare of the source code pages for 1.56 and 1.57b version of the site. I can't see much difference really, I even tried disabling some javascripts but still the same. I am wondering if it might be a bug that affects my server in some way? For a few years my order status update was not sending emails to customers. Luckily I have external order software that send despatch notices. But after 1.57 update the order status update email now works (When you change status of order). Which in another thread I started ages ago it seemed to be only me that was experiencing it.

So I am wondering if the submit reviews is not working, if it is a sanitise issue somehow, or something from the update phpmail vendor files is blocking submit reviews in 1.57 for the way my server is setup? Though it did cure my status update issue. I did merge and upgrade carefully, and as mentioned, there doesn't seem to be any other issues that customers have noticed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: This form has already been submitted. Please press OK and wait for this process t

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    I did a compare of the source code pages for 1.56 and 1.57b version of the site. I can't see much difference really, I even tried disabling some javascripts but still the same. I am wondering if it might be a bug that affects my server in some way? For a few years my order status update was not sending emails to customers. Luckily I have external order software that send despatch notices. But after 1.57 update the order status update email now works (When you change status of order). Which in another thread I started ages ago it seemed to be only me that was experiencing it.

So I am wondering if the submit reviews is not working, if it is a sanitise issue somehow, or something from the update phpmail vendor files is blocking submit reviews in 1.57 for the way my server is setup? Though it did cure my status update issue. I did merge and upgrade carefully, and as mentioned, there doesn't seem to be any other issues that customers have noticed.
    I see allot of script warnings and some script errors, you need to use developer tools and see what you can fix... I have no problems sending reviews with the default responsive classic template and ZC157a, php7.4 .. I would review your template with the default for changes or try switching over to the default template to see if it works.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A second or subsequent times it shows a pop like this
    This form has already been submitted. Please press OK and wait for this process to be completed
    That is normal. It is intended to stop multiple submissions caused by multiple clicks if the server is slow.

You write the review as normal, the clicking submit button nothing happens.
    That is not normal.
    I would be suspicious of any template or javascript additions/alterations made to your site/template that might be interfering with normal submission.
    If it were a PHP error on the server side then the page would refresh/reload with either an error or a blank screen. If it's not redrawing or refreshing then it's likely some added javascript that's failing or has intercepted/prevented the form's normal submit from happening.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thankyou both for your replies. I am able to go get it working in default or responsive classic template after putting back stock files in pages/product_reviews_write. So that rules out any email thing - my bad, I initially didn't overwrite these customised files.

So back to customised template, I only saw 1 extra jscript file which I disabled, I tried disabling some CSS just in case, that was a long shot I know ha. But still the same. I think it might be something in bootstrap (which must be javascript / jquery) so I will look into that, the template was updated after recent zencart updates. I will let you know what it once I find the culprit. I notice that the sideboxes shudder momentarily after I press the submit button.

Plugin Contributions

I noticed last week that I have a similar issue with Mailbeez module for leaving replies to customer reviews. It just goes back to home page in the popup upon pressing submit, but switching to 1.56 backup set, it works fine. I am waiting to see if Mailbeez can pinpoint it, maybe its related to that somehow and affecting the front page reviews for zencart too.

Plugin Contributions

I know perhaps not of use to anybody as my setup is probably unique. But after lots of testing and looking into it, I found that the jscript file for the reviews module I had after last zencart update I applied, doesn't seem to like this part:-

PHP Code:
            button.children('button.btn').hide();
          }, 
    I removed this part and it all works fine. Strange but perhaps this jscript is deprecated in some way, it is an old module so makes sense. Took me long enough to find lol but lesson learned, use Firefox error console and check jscript also.
    Last edited by HeathenMagic; 28 Apr 2021 at 11:18 PM.