Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default pop up image window doesn't resize in Firefox desktop version

ZC 1.57b - no plugins - new install - php 7.2.30 (Zend: 3.2.0) - MySQL 5.7.30 Installing this version to test for upgrading our 1.56c storefront and noticed that when clicking larger image in Firefox 83.0 (64-bit) on my Win7 pro box produces a small popup window that does not resize to the image. All is well on my phone in Firefox as well as Microsoft Edge on my desktop. Anyone else experience this behavior?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: pop up image window doesn't resize in Firefox desktop version

For product-general products, if you edit this file and remove the ",noreferrer" from the end of the first long line, does that solve the issue?
    /includes/modules/pages/product_info/jscript_main.php

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes it does!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm guessing that the noreferrer, which also implies noopener, makes the window unaware that it was opened via window.open and therefore the resize function doesn't fire (because resize won't fire unless window.open called it), at least in Firefox.

The reason for noreferrer or noopener is to prevent window hijacking. But given these pages are internal only perhaps adding this was a bit overreaching.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Alternatively you could replace the popup stuff with a lightbox or modals, depending on what your template offers.

Plugin Contributions

I'm using a very lightly modified Responsive Classic Template and really try to keep changes and add ons to a minimum for easier/faster upgrades. Thanks for explaining it and I'll leave the file as modified to keep it simple. I made a note of the change if needed for future upgrades. I did notice the Responsive Classic Template and classic green both performed the same. I thought it weird so made sure I tested with vanilla installs out of the box.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I'm guessing that the noreferrer, which also implies noopener, makes the window unaware that it was opened via window.open and therefore the resize function doesn't fire (because resize won't fire unless window.open called it), at least in Firefox.

The reason for noreferrer or noopener is to prevent window hijacking. But given these pages are internal only perhaps adding this was a bit overreaching.
    @DrByte; excellent information.

i too have found some problems that were corrected by removal of the noreferrer. that said, i use primarily chrome.

if this was an example of over-reaching, would be great to revisit it.

at this time, i can not speak of window hijacking; as my knowledge on the topic is nil.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

This solution works fine but on Firefox still coming up with scrollbars even though the script says not to have them. On Chrome behaves fine.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Yes for me too!, but it looks like that you also have to adjust the window width on the same line in that file. Default is set to 150x150.

Plugin Contributions

Retraction, problem persists in Firefox despite the changes mentioned above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast