Hi guys,

Moving from El Capitan macOS server on 1.5.5a to a fresh install of 1.5.7 on MAMP Pro (6.0) with php 7.4.9 and mySQL 5.7.30 and creating my website again fresh.

Site is installed internally at home on ATT fiber with no-ip.com.
Currently using the MAMP Pro ports of 8888 and 8890 and mySQL 8889.
SSL installed under my domain and working properly.
(Ironically I tested ports 80, 443 and 3309 today and the same issues I write about below still happen)

Internally on my own network (desktop and mobile), all site links with 56,000+ products and over a million attributes are running normally and properly, but issues happen when I test from outside my network over cell service on my iPhone (both Safari and Chrome) and also from my son's desktop at his home earlier today. BTW, this is NOT a 'responsive' website.

I click on various categories and decent rate of speed and the site brings them up ok. Then clicking on the details for a few. After about 5-10 clicks, the browser status bars freeze up if I don't wait for the previous click to complete. Sometimes the product description comes up, but most times I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT on Chrome and 'can't find site' in Safari.

I have about 8 tables set to InnoDB when they are very large. Attributes has over a million lines and it's still set to MyiSAM, but I did try it on InnoDB today with no change.

My old (current) website doesn't and never had these timeouts. I can't turn on to the new site until I figure this out. I've even tried a different 1.5.7 design last month and these same problems were happening. I decided to drop that design and stick with my old design, but create a brand new install and move my products over instead of upgrading from 1.5.5a.

Here are my extra php.ini adjustments added to the default install with MAMP Pro. Anything else needed?
session.use_cookies = 1
session.use_only_cookies = 1
max_execution_time=128
max_input_vars = 5000
memory_limit = 1024M

I have adjusted the apache <directive> options, but no change there.
Currently they're set to Indexes, Includes, AllowOverride all. Changing them didn't fix it either.

Every change I'm made this afternoon hasn't made a single difference to the timeouts.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening. I can provide additional details and a link to the new (test) site if needed.

thank you so much, (pulling my hair out)
Jeff