Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to upgrade from 1.5.1

I've followed the update steps on these pages:

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/running/backup/
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra.../#make-backups

The first page of instructions seemed to go well, and the second page is where my question starts.

2. Execution -
    This section's where my backup that I pulled, following the instructions, doesn't seem to want to line up with the files that the 2nd page of instructions under "2. Execution" asks me to compare with WinMerge.

Is anyone able to help me find out where I went wrong? I've gone over it several times. It may be noteworthy that Credit Card/ Shipping Modules are acting improper.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to upgrade from 1.5.1

If you have cPanel, it's far better to keep your site going while you do a new install. There are a lot of changes since 1.5.1 and you will also have problems with PHP being so different.

I wrote the instructions at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first...t-using-cpanel but they do not cover a situation where you want to keep your site running while you build the new site.

Fortunately, I kept the instructions I was working on for your scenario. Again, this is if your host provides cPanel. If not, you may be able to translate the terminology accordingly.

Part of the answer can be found at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....30#post1374930

The whole cPanel thing is later in the same post at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....48#post1374948

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Prier View Post
    This section's where my backup that I pulled, following the instructions, doesn't seem to want to line up with the files that the 2nd page of instructions under "2. Execution" asks me to compare with WinMerge.
    While it's most unfortunate that you're stuck and not sure where to go next, I find myself stuck wondering how to guess what you "saw" vs what you "expected to see", since all you said was "doesn't seem to line up with...".

Please, help us help you ... by being specific.
    Detailed descriptions would be more helpful. So would screenshots.

It may be noteworthy that Credit Card/ Shipping Modules are acting improper.
    Again, "acting improper" is totally vague.
    What EXACTLY are you expecting them to do, and what are they doing "instead'?

Again, detailed descriptions, and screenshots, will make it more likely that someone might be able to help you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My host does, in fact, support CPanel, Dbltoe. I'll go look at your links, thanks. :)

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, you're right, apologies. I'll try to clarify.

When I compared the files in WinMerge, as the guide suggested, the files did not have parts in common. I assumed the files would appear similar, and WinMerge wasn't able to be used as the guide seems to suggest it works. It is quite possible this is due to a mistake on my part.

I went back and redid all the backup steps twice and read it all twice, so that's why I'm not sure where my mistake is.

The Credit Card/ Shipping Modules are simply non functional. I've attempted to reinstall them to no avail, and it seem SSL is updated on our site. So it may be possible an upgrade to the latest Zen Cart would be beneficial, but that's just a guess.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When I compared the files in WinMerge, as the guide suggested, the files did not have parts in common. I assumed the files would appear similar...
    I think a screenshot would be most beneficial here, since there should be lots of "parts in common" if you're comparing like-with-like.
    You didn't provide one, but I think it would be helpful.

Here, I'll start. I'm using a program here that's very similar to WinMerge in what it does so while the style of display will be different, it is the same in the fact that it shows rows of files that are different between selected directories, and within files it shows exactly what's different between them.
    These two images are a comparison of /includes/templates/template_default between v151 and v157. The first is a partial list of changed files (with identical files excluded), and then the top portion of the html_header.php file.

How is yours different?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upg-dir-compare.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	19301 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upg-file-compare.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	19302

The Credit Card/ Shipping Modules are simply non functional.
    Again, what does "non functional" mean? I'll take a wild guess that you mean "they're not showing up". (But it might also mean "they show up but they seem to do nothing". It would be more helpful if you clearly define what is and is not happening vs expectations.)
    If they're not showing up in checkout then that means they're either not present or not installed/configured in the Admin.
    If they don't show up in the Admin, then either there are fatal PHP errors preventing them from displaying (and such errors would be detailed in the /logs/ directory) or you've not put the modules' requisite files into their appropriate respective folders on the server.

For understanding debug logs, see
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ith-debug-logs
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/debug_logs/

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.