Plugin Contributions

Default Installing version 154, stuck at "Installation In Progress..."

I'm in the process of moving a version 1.5.4 store a new server as the hosting costs of my current server have become too high.

I've followed the upgrade instructions. The site is running: PHP Version 5.6.40

In "Zen Cart Setup - System Inspection" the only error was "CURL problems detected"

In "Zen Cart Setup - Database Setup" I put in my database details and then click on Save Database Settings.

It moves to the "Installation In Progress..." window, but the page remains blank with no progress bar visible...

Perhaps this is happening because I'm installing the store in sub-domain?

Any help would be appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing version 154, stuck at "Installation In Progress..."

Kind of sorted this out.

The problem was with the hosting company. They were unable to fix it (strange!) so the only way out was for me was not to install a fresh 1.5.4 version as a basis for installing my store (the recommended way), but to copy the data and database of my store directly over.

I was unable to import the database, but the support stall at the new hosting company managed to handle it... The new database I made had exactly the same name and password as the old one.

The other thing that took some sorting out was to get all the paths ('DIR_FS_ADMIN, DIR_FS_CATALOG, DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE, etc.) in the two configure.php files correct.

Though the new database had the same name as the one on the old server, the prefix to it, and the prefix to the username, were different on the new server, so they had to be adjusted accordingly in both the configure.php files. The hosting company's support staff quickly got me up to speed on what needed to be added!

Apart from the above, it was not that hard to do and seems to be a viable method if the "recommended" way of moving a store fails...