Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Products Listing (New, All, etc.) Subsequent Products Not Displaying Correctly

Hi all, I'm having a little trouble pinpointing a solution to a display issue on all of my Products Listing pages (All, New, etc.). The first product displays exactly as intended, but the subsequent products do not. It appears the .listing-wrapper <div> is closing too soon, and not wrapping in the .listing-right <div> causing it to display beneath the .listing-left <div> instead of beside it.

The site/page I've having trouble with is: https://thecoinauthority.com/index.p...e=products_new

If anyone has some guidance for me it would be greatly appreciated. TIA! -David

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products Listing (New, All, etc.) Subsequent Products Not Displaying Correctly

It seems to be happening to an item that doesn't allow price/quantity selection. Does it only happen with sold-out items?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products Listing (New, All, etc.) Subsequent Products Not Displaying Correctly

Good catch! Yes, I changed product qty back to 1 and it fixed the problem. Changed it back to 0 (Sold Out) and display issue returned. Do you think it's a template file issue, or more of a css issue in this case?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's probably in the custom text you've put on the button for sold-out mode.
    Or something done either by the template or by something (plugins?) that's customized the functions related to prices.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte, I found the problem and you were right--I had added a </div> tag to the functions_general.php file following the sold_out button code because of a display issue I was having on the main product listing page. So now I need to find a way to close the <div> on that page (reference: https://thecoinauthority.com/index.p...x&cPath=81_1_3).

<span class="cssButton normal_button button button_sold_out_sm" onmouseover="this.className='cssButtonHover normal_button button button_sold_out_sm button_sold_out_smHover'" onmouseout="this.className='cssButton normal_button button button_sold_out_sm'">&nbsp;Sold Out&nbsp;</span>

Any other words of wisdom?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Looks like you're closing your added div in the wrong place:

<div id="svdbPriceAddWrapper">

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again. The reason I had added the </div> to the functions_general.php file originally was because I couldn't figure out a way to close the <div> and include the qty box, add to cart/check availability buttons, and the sold out button (hidden for now). As long as I keep the sold out button hidden, I can add the </div> after the .list-more section and it seems to take care of the issue. But, if you have any suggestions on how to close the div while keeping the sold out button included in the div for just the product listing page (not all, new, featured, etc.) please let me know.

Added the div in the product_listing.php module:
    $the_button = $lc_button;
    $products_link = '<a class="list-more" href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . ( !empty($_GET['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($_GET['filter_id']) ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : !empty($_GET['cPath']) ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id'])) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a></div>';

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That all depends on where you've added the svdbPriceAddWrapper div. Everywhere that you added that div needs to also close it.

Plugin Contributions

I open the div earlier in the product_listing.php module:

Code:
     case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
            $lc_price = '<div id="svdbPriceAddWrapper"><div class="list-price">' . zen_get_products_display_price($listing->fields['products_id']) . '</div>';
            $lc_align = 'right';
            $lc_text =  $lc_price;
    I want to have a div around the price/qty/add to cart options, and this was the only place I could find to insert it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If I recall correctly, the original line had only one opening and closing div in it.
    And you added another opening div. So probably best to add its corresponding closing div to the end of the line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast