Plugin Contributions

Default Tableau2 deprecated errors.... more of them :/ searches when nothing matches?

ok so i have my site up and running at crazygamer.uk and there's a few error files cropped up, most are to do with the search function, it seems that if i don't have the item in then it throws this error although the site seems to work almost without issues. Only other issue i have noticed is if you go into the pokemon singles section and try to adjust the order it point blank refuses so people cant sort price high to low to see what ultra rare cards i have (the reason i'm selling singles to begin with) anyway the search error seems to be flooding me with error logs and here's an example of one of the longer search error logs...

[08-Dec-2020 14:20:54 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&keyword=Pokemon+cards+&search_in_desc ription=1&categories_id=&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=, IP address: 2a02:xxx:5431:a600:b07a:715b:9526:cdac
    #1 require(/includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php) called at [/index.php:35]
    --> PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php on line 367.

[08-Dec-2020 14:20:54 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&keyword=Pokemon+cards+&search_in_desc ription=1&categories_id=&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=, IP address: 2a02:xxx:5431:a600:b07a:715b:9526:cdac
    #1 require(/includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php) called at [/index.php:35]
    --> PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php on line 368.

line 367 is...
    $pfrom = $_GET['pfrom'] / $rate;
    line 368 is....
    $pto = $_GET['pto'] / $rate;
    and the one that mentions the deprecated php issue....

[09-Dec-2020 07:27:46 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Roxie , IP address: 82.xxx.230.12
    #1 each() called at [/includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php:147]
    #2 require(/includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php) called at [/index.php:35]
    --> PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php on line 147.

line 47 is.....
    while (list($column, $value) = each($define_list)) {

i did end up hiring someone to resolve all issues and it seemed like all was done but the coder got paid about 5 days ago and hasn't responded to messages since. He did a good job for the most though and didn't charge much and he got my site loading the template and running so i cant really complain. These errors only came once i started advertising the site though sadly.

I'm not the best at coding and i've got high functioning autism so some of it really just goes over my head/stresses me out, whereas other parts i understand straight away, my guess is its something to do with these curly brackets but i just don't understand what to put in for what instances, i tried work it out without joy last time and it was literally changing one character if somebody could help me work out how to resolve it id be very grateful for any assistance you could help with.

im running version 1.57b, template is tableau 2 from the files here and i have installed the following modules myself or with help...
    Google merchant centre feeder (torvista github release)
    Xbox live delivery module (database feeds ordered code onto order confirm invoice) custom made for me in 2008 had deprecated php but been sorted by coder i hired last week
    Sitemap.xml

its a pretty fresh install tbh, the errors i think mainly due to the template being older than i realised

I also need to try and fix my issue with merchant centre as its asking for gtin and cant enter that field at minute so need to install something like numinix's product fields module (no idea if that is upto date as from comments in support thread seems it may not be)
    on the future install list is probably worldpay and coingate payment modules but my assumption is they are current, coingate confirmed there module is and maintained by themselves.

i've probably missed tons of important details that matter so if that's the case let me know and ill do a follow up post.

not seen any error messages about the search issue, wondering if its because i have some set to an order and others set to 0 in the category (card set to 0 had same card number as another but was holo version and i hadnt thought to do the sort order multiplied by ten to allow slot ins :/ would that cause it to not filter to users choice and stick to "default" sort?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: deprecated errors.... more of them :/ searches when nothing matches?

i found a thread after checking google again, torvista had the exact same issue i found by searching the whole php error. a search now only produces one error log, it mentions the line 147 and deprecated each function. i just read somewhere i can swap it for "foreach" instead in most instances, would that work?

this solved the other issue changing to this....

$rate = $currencies->get_value($_SESSION['currency']);
    if ($rate) {
    $pfrom = (float)$_GET['pfrom'] / $rate;//steve added float for PHP 7 warning
    $pto = (float)$_GET['pto'] / $rate;//steve added float for PHP 7 warning
    }

basically (float) and the //stevebits

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: deprecated errors.... more of them :/ searches when nothing matches?

foreach gives white page of doom :/ removed the for and all good but still the error on line 147

Plugin Contributions

You should post these issues in the support thread for the Tableau2 template; that's where these deprecated (and more) errors arise.

Plugin Contributions

thanks lat9, i thought it was my zen install/setup not the template ill post there now as still no clue what to do to rectify

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flappingfish View Post
    thanks lat9, i thought it was my zen install/setup not the template ill post there now as still no clue what to do to rectify
    What I would do would be to compare the template override file(s) with either the responsive_classic equivalent file or the template_default version... Because most things are "moved" from one place to another *and* some difference in CSS tags may be used, the important part is to look at the php portion of the code and adjust to the current practice/standard...

The above does make an assumption that understand the template override structure for which there is a downloadable document in the plugins section that offers a representation of how the overrides work. For some reason I'm not finding the plugin at the moment, but there is this docs information: https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/new_u...ics/overrides/
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Apologies for delay in replying thanks for your helpful input, i thought this had been merged with the support thread for the template. i was just starting to work out how to check whats loaded to create the page and there are 4 style sheets that are called for on that page but none of those have filenames matching anything in the responsive template folder for me to compare against.

i see the following...

link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/includes/templates/tableau2/css/stylesheet.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/includes/templates/tableau2/css/stylesheet_components.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/includes/templates/tableau2/css/stylesheet_product_listing.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/includes/templates/tableau2/css/stylesheet_responsive.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/includes/templates/tableau2/css/stylesheet_reviews.css" />
    <style type="text/css">

Plugin Contributions

i resolved the search issue thanks to some help in the tab2 thread

current issue is issue when filtering by manufacturer causes issues