Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hope Mills, North Carolina, United States
    Plugin Contributions

Default I can't edit conditions of use, privacy and shipping and returns

Anyone else with this problem? zen-cart 1.5.7B
    I have used includes/languages/english/html_includes/responsive_classic/define_conditions.php to edit the editing file. The edits show in Define Pages Editor
    but don't show up the Conditions of Use link in the information side box on the website. Help?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I can't edit conditions of use, privacy and shipping and returns

Common causes of such a situation:

1 - you're editing the file for a template other than the one that's currently active (eg: you edited responsive_classic/define_conditions.php but your active template is bluesuede so it's not finding your changes)

2 - you made edits but they didn't save. In your case you say they show okay in the Define Pages Editor, so perhaps this case doesn't apply to you.

3 - some html error in your template is causing certain content to not display correctly even though the content has been sent to the page. eg: broken html syntax.

Can you post a link to the page?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Hope Mills, North Carolina, United States
    Plugin Contributions

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you use FTP or your hosting company's File Manager to view your files, what's in the
    ...../public_html/includes/languages/english/html_includes/responsive_classic/define_conditions.php
    file?

On some older servers the file might not have had "write" permissions, thus causing the Admin editor to be unable to save the changes you made there ... but it should have given you warnings about that. In fact it should have alerted you to that and prevented you from being able to edit the content at all.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem. I have verified that the files are actually edited and saved. However, they don't display. They are for the correct template.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-don-t-display

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte,
    I'm hoping you can help me, as well. My site is personalizedpetid.com. Host is still working on installing my SSL, so you'll get the message about it being unsecured. I have had my sites dormant for some time and I'm trying to get them going again. When I click on any of the customer support links, I get the 404 message. I also updated my phone number in my store settings and it didn't take. I can see the file path isn't correct, but I don't know what it IS supposed to be. I also suspect more than one file ties this all together. Can you tell me where to find each one that needs to be addressed and exactly where they need to go?

Here's what I get when I click on any of the "Customer Support" options:

Code:
    Not Found

The requested URL /personalizedpetid/PersonalizedPetID Website backup 7072013/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/brighton_pets/http:/personalizedpetid.com/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache Server at personalizedpetid.com Port 443

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_girl View Post
    I get the 404 message. I also updated my phone number in my store settings and it didn't take. I can see the file path isn't correct, but I don't know what it IS supposed to be. I also suspect more than one file ties this all together. Can you tell me where to find each one that needs to be addressed and exactly where they need to go?

Here's what I get when I click on any of the "Customer Support" options:

Code:
    Not Found

The requested URL /personalizedpetid/PersonalizedPetID Website backup 7072013/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/brighton_pets/http:/personalizedpetid.com/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache Server at personalizedpetid.com Port 443

Thanks!
    It seems you've got some erroneous hard-coded paths in whatever files control your mega-footer in your specific template.
    I'm not familiar with your template, but you could search your site's files for 7072013 to try to find where that bad path has been injected for odd reasons.
    You could also search for <dd class="third"> or footer-phone to see what files may be using it.
    It might even be in some admin settings that might have been added for the sake of controlling those links there, and fix those via the admin.

Admin->Tools->Developers Toolkit is one tool for searching site files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you use FTP or your hosting company's File Manager to view your files, what's in the
    ...../public_html/includes/languages/english/html_includes/responsive_classic/define_conditions.php
    file?

On some older servers the file might not have had "write" permissions, thus causing the Admin editor to be unable to save the changes you made there ... but it should have given you warnings about that. In fact it should have alerted you to that and prevented you from being able to edit the content at all.
    I'm having the same problem. I'm using the ZCA bootstrap template. This folder is not in the unzipped downloaded files:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/MY TEMPLATE/define_conditions.php. Is it in a completely different location than what's indicated here and in the admin define pages section? Or is it called something totally different?

Plugin Contributions

You create the folder

includes/languages/english/html_includes/MY_TEMPLATE

(where MY_TEMPLATE is the name of your template) and then populate that folder with your changes to define_conditions.php
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_girl View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I'm using the ZCA bootstrap template. This folder is not in the unzipped downloaded files:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/MY TEMPLATE/define_conditions.php. Is it in a completely different location than what's indicated here and in the admin define pages section? Or is it called something totally different?
    You're correct, the ZCA Bootstrap 4 template doesn't supply that file. For that template, the file /includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_conditions.php will be the one that's used.

You can use an FTP program (e.g. WinSCP or FileZilla) to copy all the files you want to customize from /includes/languages/english/html_includes/ to /includes/languages/english/html_includes/YOUR_BS4_TEMPLATE if you want to customize them specifically for that template.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast