Plugin Contributions

Default Windows 10 WAMP Issues

Hello all,

I just upgraded my main pc to windows 10. I installed a current version of wamp server and zencart 1.5.7b. Everything installed and works fine except for email functions. When I use the Contact Us page to send a test message, it says it was sent successfully, but is never received. When I send an email from Admin/Tools/Send Email I get the following error.. ERROR: Failed sending email to: "Mark Tate" with subject: "test" SMTP connect() failed. I also get an error in the Admin header section that says.. Error: Could not contact Project Version Server. I never had these issues with my old setup on a Windows 7 pc.

I tested the EXACT same configuration on my Windows 7 laptop and everything works fine. Just for kicks I tried the same setup on my Windows 2013 server and everything works fine. Everything also works fine on a live production server.

So, there is something on my Windows 10 pc that is blocking either something in my wamp server or in my zen cart. I have tried temporarily disabling the firewall, temporarily opening all ports, and I still get the same issues. Is there anyone who is using Windows 10 that is having the same issues? I would really like to get this issue resolved as I use this local setup to do all my testing before uploading to my live server. Again, it has to be something with running wamp/zencart on a windows 10 pc that is the issue. I have spent a few hours now searching all over the net, including the zencart forums and have found nothing that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. I have also looked on the wamp server forums and found nothing.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Windows 10 WAMP/ZenCart Issues

As you surmise, something is blocking access. I use Xampp and get a SMTP failure unless I change the email sending to php. Then I only send to a local mail server.

Not saying it is the same issue, but it is the only access issue, I just have not bothered to look into it.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...