Plugin Contributions

Default Stuck on Cart Page

It's been 10 years since I have posted but anyways I am stuck and can not find where Zencart is crashing at when selecting an item to order, add to cart and then get taken to the cart page. Problem is only the header info to that page is displayed and then rest is blank.

I had numerous issues with the host that were resolved and I had wiped everything out and started from scratch and had issues like this ever since.

Domain is https://cheyennestbaldricks.com

This is for a charity function to raise funds for childhood cancer research grants and fellowships and I would appreciate any help I can get to resolve this.

To replicate my problem:
    Go to website and create an account.
    Select an item, one now added but will be adding more soon.
    Add it to your cart.

Here is where it crashes as you will see.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stuck on Cart Page

This is a unique sort of situation.

It appears to be crashing when loading the "define page". This is probably due to a file-permissions issue on your server. The permissions are probably too lax and the server is rejecting access to the file for security reasons.

To check/fix, use your hosting company's control panel to set the file-permissions to 644 for all the define_xxxxxxx.php files in:

/includes/languages/english/html_includes/
    /includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic/
    /includes/languages/english/html_includes/responsive_classic/

You could first test it with /includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic/define_shopping_cart.php to see if the page loads properly. Then do the other directories after that.

In years past, with older hosting methodologies, it was commonly necessary to set these files as "world-writable" in order for your Admin page-editor to write to them via PHP. But modern hosting approaches use a more secure method that also blocks world-writable files from being run via PHP.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stuck on Cart Page

Thanks. This pointed me to a file that was missing somehow.

/includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic/define_shopping_cart was missing and that caused the problem.