Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Remove unwanted countries fast

Using 1.5.7b
    Website not in operation yet
    Initial install and config stage

Is there a fast way to remove all those annoying countries? I need 1 country, not 250 and it's pretty tedious removing them 1 at a time. Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove unwanted countries fast

so...

No one from Canada, Australia, Great Britain, Germany, Italy or any of those other countries would ever want to buy your product and ship it to the Toad Guy in Albuquerque? Or maybe a grandma in Singapore wants scorpions removed at her grandbaby's house.

Surely, you have one image that takes up more room than all that data?

Reminds me of a friend years ago. He stumbled on fonts and decided he didn't like to use anything but Times New Roman. His decision to remove all the others reminds me of your request. Probably would have close to the same results.

There's so many things that can go wrong by dropping countries and things that can go right by keeping them.

Not knowing enough about your business plan, I'd say leave well enough alone.

Plugin Contributions

One country. No need for grandma in Brittan business. When Countries become as needed as various fonts, maybe I'll reconsider, but in the next 100 years or so I don't see that as happening. I ship only within one country, collect taxes in only one country and if somebody from somewhere else wants to buy for somebody this country, they can pay the appropriate taxes and shipping to that "in country" shipping address. No need for any other country.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're using v1.5.7b or newer, then in the time it took to write these 2 posts you could have clicked the green Status icon for each country to disable them all. The list scrolls up every time you click one, meaning it's super fast to exclude countries you don't want to support.

You could also write a db query to update the status field to 0 on all countries in the database and then toggle on only the ones you want to support. But again, using the Admin to click them all off is faster than even writing the query.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

That's a good one Dr., and you're spot-on with the time considerations. Of course, considering the amount of time it takes on a forum to discover a solution I was able to complete what needed to be done, but this is valuable for the next time I hose the install and redo it. Well received, thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you're using v1.5.7b or newer, then in the time it took to write these 2 posts you could have clicked the green Status icon for each country to disable them all. The list scrolls up every time you click one, meaning it's super fast to exclude countries you don't want to support.
    I recently installed v157c and those green buttons are not responding. If I click on edit and uncheck the active status, it doesn't retain the updated status.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph M View Post
    I recently installed v157c and those green buttons are not responding. If I click on edit and uncheck the active status, it doesn't retain the updated status.
    I just checked a fresh install of v157c and the green status buttons on the admin country edit screen are working fine there. I also used the Edit sidebox and unchecked the Status tickbox and saved, and the change was saved correctly.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I just checked a fresh install of v157c and the green status buttons on the admin country edit screen are working fine there. I also used the Edit sidebox and unchecked the Status tickbox and saved, and the change was saved correctly.
    I haven't encountered the problem on any other menu, just for Countries. The same functionality for EZ-Pages and catalog merchandise work great. Can you recommend where I might look for the problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This page is probably the simplest of all the admin pages. Nothing much to "go wrong" with it.
    /admin/countries.php

But, if these basic things aren't working with it then:
    - every customization you've made to the admin, or non-admin functions and classes, is suspect
    - every plugin that touches/adds any admin files, or non-admin functions and classes, is suspect
    - every alteration to input sanitization is suspect

Plugin Contributions

This page is probably the simplest of all the admin pages. Nothing much to "go wrong" with it.
    /admin/countries.php

But, if these basic things aren't working with it then:
    - every customization you've made to the admin, or non-admin functions and classes, is suspect
    - every plugin that touches/adds any admin files, or non-admin functions and classes, is suspect
    - every alteration to input sanitization is suspect
    Thank you. I replaced the file and it's working great. It may not have been malfunctioning at all since I missed
    The list scrolls up every time you click one
    I was expecting the familiar red 'inactive' icon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast