Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal "Pay Later" JavaScript implementation?

Using v 1.5.7b with PayPal Express installed.

Does anybody know if there's a way to show the Pay Later button in the payment options with Express? There's info on their site ( https: //developer . paypal . com/docs/business/checkout/pay-later-messaging/integrate/ )

If anybody knows where the js is for paypal it's as simple as adding this code to it: <script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=PUT_YOUR_CLIENT_ID&components=messages"></script>

I can't find it but they say it can be used with anything. It would add good value to the cart if I figure it out.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal "Pay Later" implementation?

Actually, what is needed is to add that script to somewhere that always displays with the other payment options, perhaps the checkout page in particular. I'm currently searching for the right location, as it might need to be somewhere in the paypal.php file. I found 5 different pages for paypal, but if anybody has any preemptive information to cut the task short, it would be appreciated. If not, i"ll just be here plugging away. You're all welcome to watch the progress, as I'll be either answering my own questions here or somebody else may post some info, but it might be like watching paint dry underwater.

Also in search of a Layaway option, such as Laybuys where I already have an account, it too is PayPal powered.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal "Pay Later" implementation?

I gave up on this. The enhanced complexity of Zencart doesn't seem to make it an easy implementation, but Here is the complete notated Paypal code in case anybody wants their Zen-store to be one of the "Millions of online stores" able to offer their customers the immensely valuable ability to buy now and pay later at no risk to themselves.

Code:
    PAYPAL Pay in 4 - Paylater
    Copy the following code and paste between<head>...</head>on your page.

<script
        src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=YOUR_ID_HERE&components=messages"
        data-namespace="PayPalSDK">
    </script>

Copy the following code and paste between<body>...</body>on your page anywhere you'd like your messages to appear. We recommend placing them near the price of your products or cart amount.
    <!--
        In your code, update data-pp-amount
        with the price or cart amount. For
        example, data-pp-amount="89.99" for
        a $89.99 product.
    -->
    <div
        data-pp-message
        data-pp-style-layout="text"
        data-pp-style-logo-type="inline"
        data-pp-style-text-color="black"
        data-pp-amount="ENTER_VALUE_HERE">
    </div>

Update the value fordata-pp-amountso that the SDK can display the most relevant messaging to your customers. For example, for a page with a $89.99 product, update it todata-pp-amount="89.99".
    Save your code changes and publish them to your production environment.
    Waiting to be Zenned - Over-thinking makes an easy task complicated.