Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zelle Payments [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by split63 View Post
    Another nice feature would be to provide a small configurable discount for Zelle users, since there is not the usual transaction fees. Essentially the idea would be to show a discount on the payment page to encourage the use of Zelle over other options. I suspect this would not be an easy add.
    ... and another good idea, tracked via this GitHub issue: https://github.com/lat9/zelle/issues/4

Plugin Contributions

So far, Zelle has been working out fine. However, the only problem is customers place the order, then don't send the payment.
    We have to email some of them to make them aware that the order is not yet complete.

Need a custom confirmation email for Zelle, that has a different subject line, like "Order XXXXX received, Payment Pending"
    Then in the body of the email, the section regarding Zelle and how to perform the payment is not pronounced....needs attention grabbing formatting.

Plugin Contributions

This plugin can be easily modified for Venmo payments. Just change every instance of Zelle to Venmo.

Plugin Contributions

What would I need to change to get the Order confirmation email for Zelle, to include the word "PENDING" in the subject line?

Plugin Contributions

What would I need to change to get the Order confirmation email for Zelle, to include the word "PENDING" in the subject line?
    Make a template-override copy of the payment method's language file (from /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/zelle.php to /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/YOUR_TEMPLATE/zelle.php) and make your changes in the template-override.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Make a template-override copy of the payment method's language file (from /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/zelle.php to /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/YOUR_TEMPLATE/zelle.php) and make your changes in the template-override.

I'm more of a tweaker.....I can tweak code that is already there, but adding new for Zelle.... its not likely. I looked thru the files and could see where the body of the email was altered, but not the subject
    I know that Zen has this override architecture.... but I never have used it

Plugin Contributions

The problem with Zelle, is customers don't look at the email confirmation. At checkout, they have an expectation that they will be taken to some page to complete their Zelle transaction. So much so, that we get people repeating order, figuring the 1st did not go thru, since they were never asked to complete their Zelle purchase. We have also found that Many select Zelle without even knowing what it is.

A simple patch would be to alter the email confirmation subject line to include the words "pending" or "on hold", "action required", etc.
    Can someone point me to an example of a subject line change in any other plugin?

Plugin Contributions

The problem with Zelle, is customers don't look at the email confirmation. At checkout, they have an expectation that they will be taken to some page to complete their Zelle transaction. So much so, that we get people repeating order, figuring the 1st did not go thru, since they were never asked to complete their Zelle purchase. We have also found that Many select Zelle without even knowing what it is.

A simple patch would be to alter the email confirmation subject line to include the words "pending" or "on hold", "action required", etc.
    Can someone point me to an example of a subject line change in any other plugin?
    What Zen Cart version?

Plugin Contributions

What Zen Cart version?
    Zen Version: 1.57c

Plugin Contributions

Edit a template-override version of /includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php, making the changes below. That'll add the "Action required:" prefix to the order's subject if the order was paid via Zelle.

Code:
    define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', (isset($_SESSION['payment']) && $_SESSION['payment'] === 'zelle') ? 'Action required: Order Confirmation' : 'Order Confirmation');
    //define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', 'Order Confirmation');

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast