Plugin Contributions

Default AIM debugging vs logging failures only?

I feel like I read about this previously but can't find the information currently. So, here is my question:

If I turn off debugging in the AIM payment module, will a log file be generated if an error occurs? Right now debugging is turned on and log files are generated for any transaction whether it succeeds or fails. I want to turn this off but still want to be able to see logs for problem transactions.

Thanks!
    Ellie Armsby

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AIM debugging vs logging failures only?

If "Enable Database Storage" is true, then both successes and failures will be logged to the database. This is often enabled so audit trails exist.

If "Debug Mode" is not set to "Off", then both successes and failures will be logged as AIM-Debugxxxxxxxx.log files.

So, you could turn off Debug Mode since you're not debugging anything (usually debugging is only for developer activities), but still leave it set to log to database so that failures can be inspected if needed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this. The client currently does not have database storage enabled in this module. In reading the docs on this setting, I notice it says:
    HTML Code:
    Debug Mode - If you need to diagnose what details are sent to and received from the Authorize.net gateway, enable this option. Logs will be stored in the /cache folder and numbered in obscurity to prevent snooping. Set it to “Alerts Only” if you want to be emailed if payment system errors occur but not clutter log folders on the server.
    This is pretty much what I want it to do, but there is nothing that I can see that allows it to be set to "alerts only." The only choices are: Off, Log File & Log and Email.

I suppose for now I will leave it creating the log files and just delete them on a regular basis.
    Ellie Armsby

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I see your point. Yes, the options for selecting are missing the Alerts Only option, but the module does support it if set ... so you could use the SQL Patch tool to run this command:
    Code:
    UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value='Alerts Only' WHERE configuration_key='MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_DEBUGGING';

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.