Plugin Contributions

Default HTML Layout Issue in Responsive Classic

Template is responsive classic.

To start, I do not need the fix as I am a web developer myself and know what to do to fix this, once I see the code.

Question I have: What files am I needing to look at to fix this issue. I want the order total block to fall below the billing address info.

Name:  paymentpage.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  32.2 KB

@DrByte: This shows template edited by you so I am hoping you have a clue where the error is. I get a feeling one of the html units is missing an end tag.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTML Layout Issue in Responsive Classic

I should add this happens when I am on a wide screen. Seems the billing address info is in two blocks with one floating left and one floating right. This allows the order total block to float between. Once I figure out which form, I can fix this issue fairly quickly.

Plugin Contributions

I found my own answer. Line 44 and 60 of file includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_checkout_payment_default.php.

Seems all the divs were floats. I put a wrapper around the billing info stuff and problem is resolved.

Plugin Contributions

Being a developer, I'm assuming you just need to find the file "responsible" for this output and you'll apply your fix. One thing that will save you a lot of time if the Developers Tool Kit, found in admin->Tools. I love it, it's brilliant if you don't have the site's files opened in your IDE.
    Right-click on the billing address, Inspect Element - it tells me the div is #checkoutBillto
    Now, going to the Developers Tool Kit, use the last option (Lookup in all files), enter "checkoutBillto" (without quotation marks, of course), select Catalog only because you don't need to search the admin this time and search. You'll get more results, but the one you're after is includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_payment_default.php because your URL shows you're currently on the index.php?main_page=checkout_payment page

Hope this helps...

Plugin Contributions

Exactly what I did. I had been away from Zencart for over 10 years until I was asked to set up an online store for a 501(3)(c) charity. Once a bell rang in my head, I remembered this LOL.

Plugin Contributions

If my old brain is remembering correctly, that was fixed in 1.5.7a by adding an additional <br> after the <br class="clearBoth"> on the original line 40.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.