Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Plugin gift_certificate_addon - install.Sql issues ZC 1.57b

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Completely off-topic because it has absolutely nothing to do with the original issue... Just to clarify this part: I'm not familiar with the copy and paste technique, - it simply means that IF the plugin comes with an install.sql file (or some similar sql thingy like sql-install.txt), you simply open that file in any text editor, even Notepad is OK, copy the contents and then paste it in the big textarea in your admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches and click Send.

As for EasyPopulate and dbIO - those are plugins that allow you to import and/or export data from your database. For example, adding thousands of products to your catalog by importing a CSV file (spreadsheet) with relevant data. But, both plugins have their own official threads so we shouldn't really be discussing it here.
    My apologies. I knew there was some risk in the question, I didn't meant to step on any toes.
    Waiting to be Zenned - Over-thinking makes an easy task complicated.

Plugin Contributions

LOL, no, you didn't step on anyone's toes, I just said it so you don't expect much "support" or discussion in this thread. Both plugins are great and I love using both, but if you want to discuss any of it's features or capabilities, you'll get the best replies in their respective support threads - both lat9 and mc# provide fantastic support for their plugins.

Plugin Contributions

Renewed greetings,
    Regarding this issue, and not knowing if the database is correct, I sent myself a test gift cert for $100 USD and everything seemed to go ok, but not knowing what to really expect these are the events:

I received the email with the redemption code. Prior to redemption, I methodically viewed all fields under the "Discounts" (the forums Image upload doesn't seem to work, but I have a pic of the Discount panel, - another problem to be addressed probably somewhere else) and within this panel the only place it shows up is in "Gift Certificates Sent", not in the Dashboard and not in Queue or anywhere.

I then redeemed it for $75, expecting it to apply the $75 toward my test purchase and leave $25 in the bank- instead I receive an "Invalid Gift Certificate Redemption Code", available balance did not change and none of the fields in the menu changed. I then tried to redeem it for full value and received "Coupon code "f76f621b04" is not a valid code" but I do have a $100 balance that I can't apply. Now I'm in danger of invoking my "over thinking" curse. I tried it as a coupon code with the same result.

In short, I have a code, a balance and a pending purchase I can't apply the balance to and nothing in the menu reflects the certificate except in "Sent".

Still wondering if I have a partial or corrupt db function somewhere.... Any thoughs anyone?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I copied the code from install.sql, pasted into the "Query to be executed"block, hit "send" and get this message:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Ok, I copied the code from install.sql, pasted into the "Query to be executed"block, hit "send" and get this message:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    From the same plugin? Did you uninstall it before running the query again? If not, the result is pretty much expected - you already have those tables in the database. If you want to run the same query again, you basically need to undo what it did originally. In this case, this would be the uninstall.sql
    Code:
    DROP TABLE addon_gv_orders;
    DROP TABLE addon_gv_redemptions;
    DELETE FROM admin_pages WHERE page_key = 'addonGvDashboard';
    But, I believe you don't need to run the sql query again - if anything had failed during the first install, the plugin wouldn't work at all and you'd probably be getting blank pages when trying to use gift certs... I can't tell for sure, I'm not familiar with that plugin...

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, I agree. I did the uninstall and it reinstalled ok. At least now my brain can rest a bit knowing it went without a hiccup.

Thank you very much balihr, you've been extremely valuable, patient and helpful, I appreciate you and your help immensely. I can move forward in peace.
    Cheers, stay healthy

Plugin Contributions

Well, I guess I'm still here for a little while.

At least it seems it works for the most part.......but there still seems to be a bug or two and a few questions that, if anybody has any thoughts on, I'd appreciate the input.

I'm seriously trying NOT to be confusing, sometimes it just happens, and this seems like quite a load. Forgive me.

1. I can create a certificate thru admin/discounts/send a gift certificate, which works well from being the admin, but I can't figure out the purpose of the admin/discounts/Gift Certificate queue and admin/discounts/Gift Certificate dashboard as nothing ever seems to populate within them. The GC's do show up under admin/discounts/Gift Certificates Sent.

I need to figure out how to make it so a customer can purchase a gift certificate, and actually pay for it. Given the blurb displayed within Gift Certificate FAQ (Copied below)I'm thinking I might need to add them as a separate category and/or product which I can link to from the main page, but then it would seem I have to enter them as specific amounts with each as it's own product, thereby preventing a buyer from entering their own amount. I'd like them to buy one of whatever denomination they want. I performed a simple quick test of acting as a buyer to send them from the storefront and didn't have to pay for it to send it, but I already had a balance in that account.

So,

I created a brand new test account to try and find a way to purchase them from within the "My Account" page as also stated in the FAQ (Below) and it's seems you have to have one in order to send one.......???? and you have to buy one to have one. The perceived process would go like this:
    Purchase a gift certificate and it adds to your balance, from which you can send it somebody, the problem is I can't find a way to buy one from the account. (This points me right back to how to purchase)

Gift Certificate FAQ BLURB:

Gift Certificates are purchased just like any other item in our store. You can pay for them using the store's standard payment method(s). Once purchased the value of the Gift Certificate will be added to your own personal Gift Certificate Balance. If you have funds in your Gift Certificate Balance, you will notice that the amount now shows in the My Account page, and also provides a link to a page where you can send the Gift Certificate to someone via email.

Gift Certificate FAQ/How To Send Gift Certificates BLURB:
    You may send a Gift Certificate from the My Account page. When you send a Gift Certificate you need to specify the following: The name of the person to whom you are sending the Gift Certificate; The email address of the person to whom you are sending the Gift Certificate; The amount you want to send (Note you don't have to send the full amount that is in your Gift Certificate Balance.); An optional short message which will appear in the email; Please ensure that you have entered all of the information correctly, although you will be given the opportunity to change this as much as you want before the email is actually sent.
    Last edited by TheGrimReaper; 13 Jan 2021 at 11:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Out-of-the-box the gift certificate features work as described in original Zen Cart GV FAQs, and in the docs.

You're asking about how they work and quoting core ZC gift certificate FAQ pages ...... but you said you installed a separate plugin to add some sort of different gift certificate functionality ... and its own plugin-description says you don't need the built-in gift certificate module installed for it to work .... which suggests to me that it operates differently from what the core Zen Cart gift certificate features do.
    So ... helping out in your situation is a bit of a moving target.

Questions that come to mind:
    Why did you install a plugin for gift certificates in the first place?
    Were the built-in features not working? Did you test those before making any changes to your store's files/database with a plugin?
    How can we tell whether the problems you're having are related to things the plugin does differently vs simply not using the default features as intended?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

In an attempt to provide enhanced GV functionality to our developing site, I was intrigued by what the gift_certificate_addon offered and attempted to add the plugin.
    I actually got some results with the plugin that, in the orig didn't seem to make much sense to a greenhorn such as myself.
    As for your third question; I really don't know, hence my use of the forum. I have read some others posts that have a similar problem as in my question 1, but haven't stumbled upon a concise conclusion.
    Last edited by TheGrimReaper; 14 Jan 2021 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As explained in the docs, the Queue is for GVs ("Gift Vouchers"/Certificates that have been purchased by customers from the storefront and queued for review. Queuing is something you can turn on/off.

When sending using the Send GV screen, everything that's sent should normally show in the list of Sent.
    Yes, customers must "have" a GV balance (redeemed a GV sent from the Admin, or purchased a GV in the storefront that was either never put in queue or has been queued and released by an admin) in order to "send" a GV to another person to redeem.

Products are only treated as GV's when their Product Model Number begins with "GIFT".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast