MySQL Version 5.6.41-84.1
    Architecture x86_64
    Operating System linux
    Shared IP Address 198.57.244.38
    Path to Sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
    Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl
    Perl Version 5.10.1
    Kernel Version 4.19.150-76.ELK.el6.x86_64

Before you ask, I have tried Sendmail, PHP and SMTP, though Sendmail is probably the right one for this server.
    Waiting to be Zenned - Over-thinking makes an easy task complicated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: GV Email not sending and displays blank page after Send

Blank pages are always a result of server errors. The errors are not shown on-screen for security reasons so hackers can't get information with which to compromise your site. This means you need to go digging into the logs to understand what's wrong. The /logs/ directory contains the logged errors.

What's the error that's happening when you trigger the blank page?

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ith-debug-logs

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Blank pages are always a result of server errors. The errors are not shown on-screen for security reasons so hackers can't get information with which to compromise your site. This means you need to go digging into the logs to understand what's wrong. The /logs/ directory contains the logged errors.

What's the error that's happening when you trigger the blank page?

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ith-debug-logs
    I assume you're talking about the logs folder on the server. The logs directory is there in the root with 700 permission and it's empty. I looked at another site I have that's running ZC and it's logs directory has entries, same permissions.

Maybe I should save what I can, remove this installation of ZC and start all over. I obviously did something inadvertently that hosed something to where it doesn't even make it to the log. I'm pretty good at breaking stuff.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps as a quick test before you nuke your current progress - try setting the folder's permissions to 755 or 777 and then do whatever you need to do to get to the blank page.
    Also, one more thing that can help you narrow it down - try disabling the email system and repeat the process. If it works with emails disabled, at least you know it's caused by the email system (although no emails will be sent out)...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Perhaps as a quick test before you nuke your current progress - try setting the folder's permissions to 755 or 777 and then do whatever you need to do to get to the blank page.
    Also, one more thing that can help you narrow it down - try disabling the email system and repeat the process. If it works with emails disabled, at least you know it's caused by the email system (although no emails will be sent out)...
    Well my friend, I nuked it before I read you. I had thought of going 777 but I just wasn't happy overall with the way things were acting. Completely removed everything, shop and database, but not before saving my styles, policy blurbs, images, product descriptions and a printout of the site map (to recreate it easier and not have to rethink all of it). I contacted the host and got the settings personally and didn't rely on their written words , even though they matched, I decided to overthink intentionally just because I reckon I'm comfortable doing so. Then I reinstalled from scratch nd the very first thing I did was setup SMTPAUTH and confirmed it works exactly as expected....I wasn't disappointed. I spent a great deal of time trying to figure out what I hosed, and it wasn't a server problem unless somehow I broke the server from something I did on my end, but.......
    It works perfectly now. Using smtpauth, not sendmail, not smtp. I'm happy as a drunk sailor now. With he amount of time I spent trying to figure out what form of stupidity I took to break it, I'll have it all completely rebuilt in 1/5th of the time. I learned a lot from you and the good DrByte so I probably won't have to bug ya'll again until I'm past all of that the 3 of us have already accomplished.

Thank You to both of you, balihr and Dr B. You are valuable resources and posses talents I could only dream of having. I'm putting the coffee pot and the dough in the nut oil for ya.

Till then, ya'll stay healthy. P.S- Yes Dr, I'm keeping all the Countries this time too. Something more that I can over-think on a bit.
    Last edited by TheGrimReaper; 19 Jan 2021 at 01:09 AM.

Plugin Contributions

The ../admin/includes/configure.php file

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.THIS_SITE.com');

Needs to have ssl by adding the 's'

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.THIS_SITE.com');

In order to have the page detect the ssl, otherwise you will get a blank page.

I had to set it manually to get it to work right. Seems it only appears to be a server problem not processing the pages when the server is actually doing an outstanding job of processing the ssl. And since it's the admin configure.php, the admin side of things was choking.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    The ../admin/includes/configure.php file

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.THIS_SITE.com');

Needs to have ssl by adding the 's'

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.THIS_SITE.com');

In order to have the page detect the ssl, otherwise you will get a blank page.

I had to set it manually to get it to work right. Seems it only appears to be a server problem not processing the pages when the server is actually doing an outstanding job of processing the ssl. And since it's the admin configure.php, the admin side of things was choking.
    Yes, since all websites should be using https nowadays, there's no longer any need to provide for separate http vs https settings. Always use https when specifying your website URL.
    There are some legacy places in Zen Cart where HTTPS_SERVER and HTTP_SERVER both exist. Just be sure to always provide an https:// URL in any case.

Related: https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._you_need_ssl/

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Questions regarding Gift Certificates priced by Attributes

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Forgot about this...
    It's actually possible, although not the prettiest solution... You can setup a GV worth $1 (and maybe set minimum qty to 5 so people don't buy $1 vouchers), and then in the description say that the customer can use the quantity field to decide the amount they want to purchase. For example, if you want $78 worth of GV, just enter 78 in the quantity field...
    What I ended up doing was creating several more prices, starting with the original $10, I added $11, $12, $13, $14, etc thru $20 to end up with denominations that can be combined to equal any possible dollar amount. I also setup major price points to help reduce the number of combinations with $25, $50, $100, $500 and $1,000. This covers any amounts the customer may want and reduces the number of certificates they need to purchase to equal their amount. Seems to work very well as they all fit on a DT screen without scrolling down the dropdown.

Plugin Contributions

This post is for informational purposes and just describes my experience with the gift_certificate_addon module ( https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2174 )

I thought it would be nice to have the dashboard for GV's offered by the above referenced module - Using ZC157b. Other modules installed at the time are not relevant as on the 7th reinstall of ZC I tried the add on module first with the fresh foundation and it still causes all email to break and returns a blank page, meaning at the very least, it doesn't work well with 157b.

Maybe others have been able to make it work, but I tried 7 times with a fresh install each time, while systematically reducing all other plug-ins one at a time until I verified it was this module itself causing the problems.

My advice to folks wanting to try it, is to try it as the very first thing before any other modules. But I think you may need to have some kind of shipment and payment setup and make sure you have the zip code for your store set in admin shipping/packaging.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That addon replaces the email logic with majorly outdated code. Same with core coupon and gv logic. Definitely not compatible beyond v1.5.5

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast