Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Plugin gift_certificate_addon - install.Sql issues ZC 1.57b

Thanks Doc, I honestly did not stumble across the resources you pointed out. It's a very large site here, with a ton of information scattered all about and I'm still learning it as I'm trying to learn the cart. In just under 3 weeks total time with Zencart and the mass of information available in this forum, I'm actually proud of my progress and very pleased with all the software. Once my mind catches up with the in depth details and intricities I'm sure I'll look back with a chuckle.

I am working on digesting the new found info you posted, I think it might just answer a few things and move on to the next issues in my learning curve.
    Waiting to be Zenned - Over-thinking makes an easy task complicated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Questions regarding Gift Certificates priced by Attributes

A couple questions regarding Gift Certificates priced by Attributes

Unfortunately I find myself back here bugging you good folks with a couple of what are probably simple-to-solve questions regarding ZC 1.5.7b basic Gift Voucher questions. I've done my due-diligence for 4 hours now searching the forums and crawling thru the docs, finding mostly 14 year old closed threads that almost address them, just not comprehensively and then, understandably for older versions. Hopefully after 14 years somebody smarter than me has realized there needs to be a way around the issues and have a solution.

I have set up Gift Certificates for several amounts, (although I'd like to have the buyer enter their own amounts, that doesn't seem possible) and have them priced by attributes, but as seems to be an ongoing issue for several users, they display with them priced at the lowest denomination of $10 in a couple of places. This is undesirable as it may give a customer the impression we only offer $10 GV's until they actually select a true amount from the drop-down in the cart. Some customers actually may become confused by this if they feel they just paid $25 for a $10 certificate, not understanding it's the denomination they selected and not the denomination displayed on the product image. In the cart is a perfect blurb that states "Starting at $10" I'd be happy if the Display price would include "Starting at" instead of just Display price will include lowest group attributes prices, and happier if the price did not display at all. It's ok if they select Gift Certificates from the sidebar, they get the "Starting At" message.

So far it seems the problem text shows up under the "New Products" sections only, but I really haven't dug much deeper to see if it is also elsewhere, and I thought I came across something somewhere where one could turn off showing the product under new products, (which may be an option) but haven't been able to find those references again to follow up on it.

Next, in the "Product Information" above "Ask A Question" the Model is fine, but I'd like to not display the Qty in stock.

Both of these issue I think I have come across info on before, but now I just can't find it and after burning my brain trying, I thought I'd take the leap and appeal to you folks for help.

Code:
    Mods To This Cart

Plugin Manager     modules     Y     Plugin Manager
    ZX Point of Sale     configuration     Y     ZX Point of Sale
    One-Page Checkout Settings     configuration     Y     One-Page Checkout Settings
    Gift Certificate Dashboard     gv     Y     Gift Certificate Dashboard
    Mod List     tools     Y     Mod List
    New Database Tables

zen3i_addon_gv_orders
        zen3i_addon_gv_redemptions
        zen3i_coinpayments
        zen3i_coinpayments_session
        zen3i_pos_orders
        zen3i_square_payments
        zen3i_zen3i_upgrade_exceptions

New Modules

Payment: posinstorepayment.php coinpayments.php layaway.php
        Shipping: posinstore.php ups.php fedexwebservices.php usps.php
        Order Total: No additional modules

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Questions regarding Gift Certificates priced by Attributes

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    I have set up Gift Certificates for several amounts, (although I'd like to have the buyer enter their own amounts, that doesn't seem possible) and have them priced by attributes, but as seems to be an ongoing issue for several users, they display with them priced at the lowest denomination of $10 in a couple of places. This is undesirable as it may give a customer the impression we only offer $10 GV's until they actually select a true amount from the drop-down in the cart. Some customers actually may become confused by this if they feel they just paid $25 for a $10 certificate, not understanding it's the denomination they selected and not the denomination displayed on the product image. In the cart is a perfect blurb that states "Starting at $10" I'd be happy if the Display price would include "Starting at" instead of just Display price will include lowest group attributes prices, and happier if the price did not display at all. It's ok if they select Gift Certificates from the sidebar, they get the "Starting At" message.
    But, if you setup the Gift Certificate (further GV) to be priced by attributes, it shouldn't be confusing anywhere other than the listing pages (which don't include the "starting at" text). The GV main image should be generic, meaning without the number on the image just to avoid confusion. Once you get to the product page, it will show you the options and will include the selected attribute in the cart page as well as checkout so you know you've selected the $50 option and that's why you're paying $50... So, the only "issue" I'm seeing is that it doesn't say "Starting at..." on the listing pages or sideboxes or centerboxes...

You might consider this plugin if you want to change the main image based on selection and show the value of the GV with a matching image, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Next, in the "Product Information" above "Ask A Question" the Model is fine, but I'd like to not display the Qty in stock.
    Admin->Catalog->Product Types->Product General->Layout Settings->Show Quantity in Stock->0

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    I have set up Gift Certificates for several amounts, (although I'd like to have the buyer enter their own amounts, that doesn't seem possible)
    Forgot about this...
    It's actually possible, although not the prettiest solution... You can setup a GV worth $1 (and maybe set minimum qty to 5 so people don't buy $1 vouchers), and then in the description say that the customer can use the quantity field to decide the amount they want to purchase. For example, if you want $78 worth of GV, just enter 78 in the quantity field...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Forgot about this...
    It's actually possible, although not the prettiest solution... You can setup a GV worth $1 (and maybe set minimum qty to 5 so people don't buy $1 vouchers), and then in the description say that the customer can use the quantity field to decide the amount they want to purchase. For example, if you want $78 worth of GV, just enter 78 in the quantity field...
    LOL! Yup, that's a dirty way alright, but ingenious. I see the logic would work exactly as I want, I just need to ponder the implementation to determine if it's that important. You're awesome for continuing to think about it. Reminds me of me. Thanks and kudos.

Plugin Contributions

But, if you setup the Gift Certificate (further GV) to be priced by attributes, it shouldn't be confusing anywhere other than the listing pages (which don't include the "starting at" text). The GV main image should be generic, meaning without the number on the image just to avoid confusion. Once you get to the product page, it will show you the options and will include the selected attribute in the cart page as well as checkout so you know you've selected the $50 option and that's why you're paying $50... So, the only "issue" I'm seeing is that it doesn't say "Starting at..." on the listing pages or sideboxes or centerboxes...

You might consider this plugin if you want to change the main image based on selection and show the value of the GV with a matching image, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Admin->Catalog->Product Types->Product General->Layout Settings->Show Quantity in Stock->0
    Yes sir! I actually found it and turned it off - then discovered your post when I came to update my post with that very same solution for the masses that follow.

Plugin Contributions

... So, the only "issue" I'm seeing is that it doesn't say "Starting at..." on the listing pages or sideboxes or centerboxes...
    Yup, that's about it. I HAD to take a nap to reboot my brain, while it was rebooting 2 thoughts passed thru my neurological pathways, one is to create an image with a "Starting at $10" and use that as the product image. The other was to simply create a product called "Gift Certificates Starting at $10" and assign the attributes to that. I think either way would work, albeit another "dirty" solution. Any thoughts are welcome. If none, not a problem-Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default GV Email not sending and displays blank page after Send

Hi folks, I thought I could figure out why this is happening, alas I haven't been able to, been trying now a couple of days and it's time again to you hit ya'll up to see if anybody has any thoughts.

This was working fine for awhile, I was able to create and send a GV email thru and as Admin, the fictional customer received the email and was able to redeem them normally etc, the pages all displayed properly and the certs went into the sent section as expected. Life was looking pretty good. Then we did some customization on the appearance, nothing major, just colors changes- did no additional modifications or installed any new modules. Then it quit. Try and try again didn't work out. The second day I worked on the issue I removed the module and cleaned up the database and did a re-install, re-config from scratch and nothing changed Everything is fine up to a point, admin can create the email, put that same customer as the recipient, fill out all the necessary information, click submit, get to the send page normally, but wend the "Send" button is clicked it goes to a blank page and the email does not get sent, the recipient does not receive it and everything's dead in the water except it still registers in the Gift Certificates Sent area. Now there's 8 non-redeemed certificates in the sent folder, right above the last successful one on, ironically the 13th.

I would like to figure this out, but I need help. I also have to get rid of those 8 in the sent somehow.

Thoughts, ideas, how-to's all welcome. The second day I worked on the issue I removed the module and cleaned up the database and did a re-instal, reconfig from scratch and nothing changed

Mods To This Cart
    New Admin Pages
    Page Name Menu Key
    Display
    Link
    Category catalog N Category
    Plugin Manager modules Y Plugin Manager
    ZX Point of Sale configuration Y ZX Point of Sale
    One-Page Checkout Settings configuration Y One-Page Checkout Settings
    Gift Certificate Dashboard gv Y Gift Certificate Dashboard
    Mod List tools Y Mod List
    New Database Tables

zen3i_addon_gv_orders
    zen3i_addon_gv_redemptions
    zen3i_coinpayments
    zen3i_coinpayments_session
    zen3i_pos_orders
    zen3i_square_payments
    zen3i_zen3i_upgrade_exceptions

New Modules

Payment: posinstorepayment.php coinpayments.php
    Shipping: posinstore.php ups.php fedexwebservices.php usps.php
    Order Total: No additional modules

Missing Admin Configuration Pages
    This is caused by migrating pre 1.5.0 mods which have entries in Admin->Configuration, without creating admin_pages entries for them.

No missing admin pages found.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: GV Email not sending and displays blank page after Send

Just out of curiosity, I tried just a send mail form Admin/Tools/Send Mail ...... it does the same thing. So, somehow I broke my ability to send mail from Admin in general and this probably isn't the right forum and I'll probably be chastised for posting in the wrong place again. Ye-gads!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: GV Email not sending and displays blank page after Send

Customers can't send thru the cart either, I logged in as my test customer that I tried to send a gv to and used one of the redemption codes he was assigned.....It accepted the code and placed the balance in the account, from which I tried (as him) to send a GV to a non registered email and got the blank page and no email received at the second address. Nothing shows in queue (if it's even supposed to) ...... yeah, I keep experimenting.

Day 5 on this issue starts in a couple of hours.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast