Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade Advice v1.5.7 - Upgrade Service Wanted?

I have a client with tons of products and she is currently using ZC 1.5.5f. with php v5.4. Yes I want to upgrade soon but am at a cross-roads. Reason being: Am thinking of moving to Prestashop, only because she has dealer pricing, and it looks like Dual Pricing is not longer being developed: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=74

I also have a few other plugins to consider as well:
    Dual Pricing
    USPS
    Keepalive Timer
    Attribute Image Swatch v1.1.8
    Ultimate SEO Urls
    CK Editor

Her dealer pricing just stopped working and she is now in a panic. So before I head over to Commercial Help Wanted to find a developer to help me upgrade, is this this feasible to upgrade easily with Dual Pricing looking like its not working? If not and I have to rebuild from scratch (which I really don't want to do) she might move to Prestashop only because dealer pricing is built in. I do want to stay with Zen Cart, it would be so much easier and cheaper, if we can get this updated and working again. Any advice?

If you are a developer and interested in upgrading for me and think you can help me with this, you can PM me with upgrade pricing.
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade Advice v1.5.7 - Upgrade Service Wanted?

Dual Pricing is working, just not the one from Plugins section. You need to use the one from github - I've just used it on a 1.5.7b, and added a minor patch to get it working.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade Advice v1.5.7 - Upgrade Service Wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    Her dealer pricing just stopped working and she is now in a panic
    Can you be any more vague about the problem?

Before looking at upgrades etc, have you figured out what exactly caused the "just stopped working"?

If you don't know the underlying reason, your efforts at an upgrade might still not actually fix that problem.

Is the problem from ...
    - database corruption?
    - user-error?
    - server software upgrades like PHP version? MySQL version?
    - something tampered with?

In short: WHAT exactly does "just stopped working" mean? (Also, does it affect just one product, or one customer? Do errors show on screen, or get logged to the logs dir?) Probably good to discuss that in the plugin's support thread.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.