Plugin Contributions

Default Session/Login issue

Hello,

I'm having a weird issue and wonder if it is related to the sessions table. Using 1.5.6c.

I have a user account that can no longer login to my public site. I can surf the site and add items to my cart. When I go to login I get a blank page with "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." After that I get the same error if I try to go to any page on the site. (Admin side works just fine)

I have to clear cache and delete the cookie from the browser and then I can access the site again. Everything works fine until I try to login, then boom same error.

Other accounts are not impacted by this. They can login and checkout no problem.

I've restarted the server to see if that clears up any issues, but same thing. Could the session entry for this user be corrupt or something? Can I just clear out all the entires in the zen_sessions table? What will this do?

Thanks for your help!
    Scott

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session/Login issue

When you see that "WARNING: An error occurred ..." message, there's a myDEBUG-{something}.log file waiting in your site's /logs sub-directory that identifies the details of the error.

Note, though, that if the error occurred during an admin operation, the file's name will be myDEBUG-adm-{something}.log and the file's contents will include your secret admin directory name. You'll need to make sure that you xxx-out that name prior to posting.

In either case, post the contents of the log file (after xxx-ing out, if needed) using the "CODE" tag (the big # in the menu bar that is displayed when you write your post).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session/Login issue

Thanks for the help! I see the error and see what is causing it. I'm passing it along to the person who created some custom code for us.