Plugin Contributions

Default Image problems in whatsnew sidebox

Hi

I have installed this version and set the image folder to images/ and when I add products through the admin console I store them in folders such as producttype1/thisproduct.jpg into the database.

The individual products display the image perfectly (images/producttype1/thisproduct.jpg

However when I open up the sidebox for What's New it will only point to images/thisproduct.jpg so fails to display the product image.

Can anyone please explain where I am going wrong?

Thank you

Andrea

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image problems in whatsnew sidebox

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaBastille View Post
    Hi

I have installed this version and set the image folder to images/ and when I add products through the admin console I store them in folders such as producttype1/thisproduct.jpg into the database.

The individual products display the image perfectly (images/producttype1/thisproduct.jpg

However when I open up the sidebox for What's New it will only point to images/thisproduct.jpg so fails to display the product image.

Can anyone please explain where I am going wrong?

Thank you

Andrea
    There are a number of things that could help identify the issue, in particular to identify if it is something wrong with the base software or a modification.

Answering the posting tips would be a great start...

Directly related to this issue would be things like, what template is being used, was it upgraded to match the changes that have been made to the core software. Have you tried one of the default templates to see if the same issue continues? Are those templates unaltered or were they modified to provide what is being displayed?

Can the web page be shared, even if it is slightly obscured (non-clickable) by use of spaces between periods or replacement of . for (dot) or something similar?

To report, when I use the default responsive_classic template and review both the new product sidebox and main product listing area, there are images that will appear which are located in a sub-directory of the images folder and the sub-directory is identified in the generated html... So... Something is different about the store as compared to what is provided by default that is affecting this result... Question becomes what...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...