Plugin Contributions

Default Product Info showing only randomly

1.5.7b

I spoke too soon in my previous post - there is an issue with my 1.5.7b upgrade. dazzlerscliponearrings.com.au

Product info doesn't show in desktop nor in mobile for the majority of products but puzzlingly, not all products - some are resolving absolutely fine.

The only thing that shows in desktop and mobile for the majority of products is the product title and product image (see screenshot) and the footer is missing, i.e the page is blank after the primary image. It is random across all categories. All the data in admin/categories is ok, data for all product pages is there and intact. I cannot see any anomalies in the entered text for the problem products, no stray code - it appears to be template related??

WinMerge compared tpl_product_info_display with downloaded fileset copy and all is good, exact match.

Seems like something is breaking the page but I'm not sure where to look.

I'd really appreciate some help here.

cheers,
    Mike

Attachment 19383

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Info showing only randomly

so comparing the page source of 2 products, one that resolves correctly and one that doesn't, shows that the page source on the latter ends after </div><!--eof Main Product Image--> and before <!--bof Additional Product Images --> - for the product that shows correctly the page source obviously completes to the very end.

two urls to take a look at, then take a look at page source if needed;
    doesn't load correctly https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.c...&products_id=6
    does load correctly https://www.dazzlerscliponearrings.c...roducts_id=701

it appears for some reason or other that something is preventing the page from fully loading.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    it appears to be template related??
    Have you tried switching to the default template? If the pages load properly then you can look at your template files.

1.5.7b
    Seems like something is breaking the page but I'm not sure where to look.
    As you have a partial blank page, are there any errors in the /logs directory? (https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/blank_page/)
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

As the blank page part starts at the Additional Images section I wonder if it's worth removing them from the problem product - perhaps an image naming issue?

Edit: Assuming you actually have additional images.
    Last edited by simon1066; 19 Jan 2021 at 03:09 PM.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Have you tried switching to the default template? If the pages load properly then you can look at your template files.

As you have a partial blank page, are there any errors in the /logs directory? (https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/blank_page/)
    Thanks for responding Simon - switching templates didn't help .... however I found this myDEBUG error that is the culprit - now I've just got to figure out what it means ;

Code:
    [19-Jan-2021 21:08:31 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=662, IP address: 66.249.79.66
    #1  require() called at [/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/classes/observers/ColorBoxObserver.php:42]
    #2  ColorBoxObserver->update() called at [/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/classes/class.base.php:118]
    #3  base->notify() called at [/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/modules/responsive_classic_1/additional_images.php:149]
    #4  require(/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/modules/responsive_classic_1/additional_images.php) called at [/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_additional_images.php:13]
    #5  require(/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_additional_images.php) called at [/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic_1/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php:69]
    #6  require(/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic_1/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php) called at [/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php:153]
    #7  require(/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php) called at [/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic_1/common/tpl_main_page.php:178]
    #8  require(/home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic_1/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home2/dazzler3/public_html/index.php:94]
    --> PHP Warning: require(includes/modules/zen_colorbox.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/classes/observers/ColorBoxObserver.php on line 42.

[19-Jan-2021 21:08:31 Australia/Sydney] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/zen_colorbox.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear') in /home2/dazzler3/public_html/includes/classes/observers/ColorBoxObserver.php on line 42
    cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

It means that you didn't do the upgrade properly.
    J/K, depending on how you did the upgrade, you might have missed a file or two. In this case, your old version obviously had includes/modules/zen_colorbox.php (which is a part of a plugin), and that file doesn't exist in your current installation. There might be more missing files, but again, this depends on how you did the upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

Problem appears to have been solved - so the issue was that zen_colorbox needed to be installed to handle additional images - the example in previous posts that didn't load properly had additional images, the one that loaded correctly didn't have additional images.

I am at a loss to understand why this colorbox, or some other code, is not included in the responsive template so that additional images will load. That is of course if I haven't missed the instructions saying it is required.

Thanks to simon1066 for the prompts

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    It means that you didn't do the upgrade properly.
    J/K, depending on how you did the upgrade, you might have missed a file or two. In this case, your old version obviously had includes/modules/zen_colorbox.php (which is a part of a plugin), and that file doesn't exist in your current installation. There might be more missing files, but again, this depends on how you did the upgrade.
    Thanks Leonard - you are likely correct - my upgrading leaves a lot to be desired
    cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Problem appears to have been solved - so the issue was that zen_colorbox needed to be installed to handle additional images - the example in previous posts that didn't load properly had additional images, the one that loaded correctly didn't have additional images.

I am at a loss to understand why this colorbox, or some other code, is not included in the responsive template so that additional images will load. That is of course if I haven't missed the instructions saying it is required.

Thanks to simon1066 for the prompts
    1) zen_colorbox is not required by Zen Cart.
    2) If the desire had been to remove zen_colorbox, then the removal/uninstall had not been fully performed, omitting the database removal part even if the files had been "skipped".
    3) The code that is/was causing the issue was from one of the files from Image Handler v5 which checks to see if a particular setting is in the database and if so that the setting is/was set to be enabled... Apparently it was present and set to true which caused the above logged issue and the result(s) seen on the store front.

As to inclusion in the responsive template, well as is usually stated, if not needed by the store owner and no overwhelming benefit to a store owner/operator, then not included. While that code has been provided for use, it is not the only method, there are other similar tools that can be invoked and not everyone needs/wants that capability, hence it is something that can be added as needed/wanted.

Further, additional images will load just fine in a default Zen Cart store without adding Image Handler or Zen Colorbox. It is the partial addition of previously existing files and plugins without going through database actions/tools to ensure that only the desired/needed code is executed. As for the operation of Image Handler identifying the need to load Zen Colorbox? Well, the "fastest" check is to review information that is already loaded (database settings) rather than checking for files (especially since that file check would occur on each page load where additional images are displayed), further, it would be relatively counterproductive for that software to make a separate log entry to say something like "this file is not installed" when the system already does that through other routes.

What I'm getting at is that I don't suggest seeking a change to the IH software to address this issue. Even if the file was only to be included instead of required a log entry would be made, though such a "problem" of logging the issue wouldn't be seen until either the logs were reviewed or some other problem occurred when the folder "filled up". I'm also not entirely sure if addressing instruction would make too much of a difference in this case.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    1) zen_colorbox is not required by Zen Cart.
    2) If the desire had been to remove zen_colorbox, then the removal/uninstall had not been fully performed, omitting the database removal part even if the files had been "skipped".
    3) The code that is/was causing the issue was from one of the files from Image Handler v5 which checks to see if a particular setting is in the database and if so that the setting is/was set to be enabled... Apparently it was present and set to true which caused the above logged issue and the result(s) seen on the store front.

As to inclusion in the responsive template, well as is usually stated, if not needed by the store owner and no overwhelming benefit to a store owner/operator, then not included. While that code has been provided for use, it is not the only method, there are other similar tools that can be invoked and not everyone needs/wants that capability, hence it is something that can be added as needed/wanted.

Further, additional images will load just fine in a default Zen Cart store without adding Image Handler or Zen Colorbox. It is the partial addition of previously existing files and plugins without going through database actions/tools to ensure that only the desired/needed code is executed. As for the operation of Image Handler identifying the need to load Zen Colorbox? Well, the "fastest" check is to review information that is already loaded (database settings) rather than checking for files (especially since that file check would occur on each page load where additional images are displayed), further, it would be relatively counterproductive for that software to make a separate log entry to say something like "this file is not installed" when the system already does that through other routes.

What I'm getting at is that I don't suggest seeking a change to the IH software to address this issue. Even if the file was only to be included instead of required a log entry would be made, though such a "problem" of logging the issue wouldn't be seen until either the logs were reviewed or some other problem occurred when the folder "filled up". I'm also not entirely sure if addressing instruction would make too much of a difference in this case.
    Many thanks MC for your detailed response - and yes I do understand. It was 1:30 am when I added that comment - I was tired and frustrated, not a good state to be posting. The rebuild method I was following in essence suggested not uploading too many plugins in the first instance, starting with some critical ones that allowed functionality (and then add less critical ones later) - of course as it turns out that included installing color_box. It threw me as it didn't quite gel for some time.

but hey, you live and learn, right?

So all is good now except for a CEON URI mapping problem that I am working through - if I can't fix it I will post in the appropriate support thread.

Again, many thanks.

cheers, Mike