Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default address in customer login

We've been going along just fine for a long time, and all of a sudden, when a customer tries to log in, our email address is showing up in the login address field. I haven't changed anything in months, and I've never messed around with that part of the software at all. Nothing about our configuration has changed in over a year. I can't see why this change would have occurred and I don't see how to fix the problem. It has confused several of our customers who didn't understand why an address was suddenly popping up in that field instead of it being empty so they could put their own in.

At the same time, when someone emails us using the contact form, our address is showing up as the return address for that person. If it's a customer, I can go back to their record and find their address. But sometimes it has been someone just inquiring about our products, and I have no way to respond to them because the email shows as having come from us. I have never touched the contact form code at all.

It seems likely that these two things are related, since they seem to have appeared at about the same time, but I don't see what's causing either of them. Has anyone else run into these issues, and what did you do to fix it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: address in customer login

To clarify: it's YOUR store's email address that is showing up on THEIR computers?

Normal operation: it's normal for THEIR email address to get pre-populated into an email field if they've configured THEIR browser to remember personal information for filling out forms.

But it shouldn't be putting YOUR email address in the form.

Also, is this happening only on certain browsers? (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox, Brave, etc)
    or only to "some" customers?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, it's our address that's showing up on their screen. I didn't realize that until yesterday. I thought it was only happening to me when I logged into the store as though I were a customer. But I had a call yesterday from someone who said she couldn't log in because the screen showed our address and wouldn't accept her password. I explained to her that she should just put her email address there instead, but I could see why she was confused. I called a customer who's also a personal friend and asked her to look at it, and sure enough, she was seeing the same thing. It's happening on Firefox, Edge and Chrome, and on at least one mobile browser. The person who was confused about how to proceed was using her phone, but I didn't remember to ask which browser she was using. If it's happening to three of us, I suspect it's happening to everyone, but I don't know that for certain at this point.

Plugin Contributions

Any chance you'd share the URL? If you don't wanna share it here, you can PM me.

Plugin Contributions

No problem, it's newnaturalsonline.com. The address that's coming up is newnaturalsonline @ gmail. We can't use our domain address any more because AOL and Yahoo and some of the other email services have blocked it. When we moved from a shared server a couple of years ago to a dedicated server, our IP address changed and everybody blocked us. I managed to get the block removed on some of the email services but AOL and Yahoo won't even talk to you, much less help if you have a problem. So we had to start using a gmail address. But that was almost three years ago, so it's not related to what's going on now.
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 21 Jan 2021 at 10:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

While others are working on the main problem, I'll pass along that your store e-mail problems are probably a result of a lack of DMARC record for your site. All the other settings seem to be fine including SPF.

Since everything else seems to be correct, have your host take a look at setting up the dmarc if you do not have WHM with your server.

Attachment 19393

Plugin Contributions

OK, can you check your includes/templates/newnaturals/templates/tpl_login_default.php and see what your code has in the line that starts like this:
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('email_address'
    It's supposed to look like this:
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('email_address', '', 'size="18" id="login-email-address" autofocus placeholder="' . ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_TEXT . '"' . ((int)ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_MIN_LENGTH > 0 ? ' required' : ''), 'email'); ?>
    Has it been changed?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    OK, can you check your includes/templates/newnaturals/templates/tpl_login_default.php and see what your code has in the line that starts like this:
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('email_address'
    It's supposed to look like this:
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('email_address', '', 'size="18" id="login-email-address" autofocus placeholder="' . ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_TEXT . '"' . ((int)ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_MIN_LENGTH > 0 ? ' required' : ''), 'email'); ?>
    Has it been changed?
    I had already looked at this, as I found a previous question about it. It's exactly as you show it. The file is the one I downloaded in 2016 and hasn't been touched since then.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    While others are working on the main problem, I'll pass along that your store e-mail problems are probably a result of a lack of DMARC record for your site. All the other settings seem to be fine including SPF.

Since everything else seems to be correct, have your host take a look at setting up the dmarc if you do not have WHM with your server.

Attachment 19393
    Thanks, I have cPanel rather than WHM, so I'll ask them about the DMARC record.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Helene, does the problem persist if you (temporarily) switch to a different template? eg: rule out customizations unique to your current template or its language files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast