Thread: Category Images

Plugin Contributions

Default Category Images

Hi

When I chose a category to display all I want is a list of manufacturer's beneath that but it keeps giving me failed images for that manufacturer.

How can I turn off a category images please.

Thanks
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category Images

Out-of-the-box it doesn't display "manufacturer" images in the categories view. It shows sub-categories (with their images, if they have one), and products (with their images if they have one).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The categories does not have images and there are no sub-categories. This is what I am seeingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	25 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	19391

I have been trying to edit the category_row.php but it just crashes.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When the browser shows only the "alt text" of the image, without the image itself, that's because the image filename it's trying to access is not found.
    eg: whatever you've told it to use for the product image filename is either not being "found" properly in order to generate the proper link for it, or the image itself isn't accessible to the public ... either because it's not on your server or it's in someplace other than where you've told the database it's located.

Right-click on one of those stubs and choose "open image in new tab" (or new page, whatever) and take note of what the URL is. Post it here. Then explore why is the file not found?

Seems to me this is directly related to your previous thread, isn't it?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The inspect is showing :Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	19392

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Two things:

1. pixel_trans.gif is only substituted if the image's specified image can't be found

2. pixel_trans.gif itself also can't be found, hence the reason why the browser is displaying the broken images.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Two things:

1. pixel_trans.gif is only substituted if the image's specified image can't be found

2. pixel_trans.gif itself also can't be found, hence the reason why the browser is displaying the broken images.
    Silly me!!!! I have pixel_trans.gif in all the template images folders but I had cleared all the files in the main images folder to get rid of the test manufacturers!.. Thank you