Plugin Contributions

Default 500 internal error

Hello, I did not find a troubleshooting section so I am posting here.
    my site is mysticmementos.com

Heres the error

This page isn’t working
    www.mysticmementos.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

What version of Zen Cart 1.57a
    Is it a new install or an upgrade? Upgraded 1.56f awhile ago so it was working ok

What addons/contributions you have installed? None would like to

What customizations have you made? This store was premade for me (I bought it) so I don’t know all the customizations but I have made my own since I got it. Like e templates and simple stuff like categories

What type of server are you using? this is the server info

Server Host: premium133.web-hosting.com (162.0.232.67)
    Database: mystjlom_wicca1
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.32-954.3.5.lve1.4.78.el6.x86_64
    Server Date: 01/21/2021 16:53:22
    Server Up Time: 16:53:22 up 178 days, 9:46, 0 users, load average: 10.32, 10.77, 11.49
    HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 7.3.25 (Zend: 3.3.25) PHP File Uploads: On
    Upload Max Size: 1G PHP Memory Limit: 1G POST Max Size: 1G
    Database Engine: MySQL 10.3.27-MariaDB-log-cll-lve
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1) Database Date: 01/21/2021 16:53:21
    Database Data Size: 13,260 kB Database Index Size: 3,099 kB

MySQL Slow Query Log Status: On
    MySQL Slow Query Log File: /var/lib/mysql/mysql-slow-query.log
    MySQL Mode: NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER, NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Are you installing locally? No What operating system? I have windows 8.1

What version of PHP is installed on the server? 7.3.25 (Zend: 3.3.25)

What version of MYSQL is installed on the server? MySQL 10.3.27-MariaDB-log-cll-lve
    What you were doing when your problem occurred?

I was updating products in my inventory I would update then check the live page before I moved on (just in case).
    Then I logged out and the next morning I could login to admin but not my website. 

I checked the logs and had these a whole bunch of them.

[21-Jan-2021 16:48:26 America/New_York] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Define' (T_STRING) in /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_all_business/footer_menu_defines.php on line 122

[21-Jan-2021 16:48:26 America/New_York] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=index, IP address: 68.6.169.166
    --> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Define' (T_STRING) in /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_all_business/footer_menu_defines.php on line 122.

[21-Jan-2021 16:56:50 America/New_York] Request URI: /zcadmin/index.php?cmd=display_logs, IP address: 68.6.169.166
    #1 require(/zcadmin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php) called at [/zcadmin/includes/init_includes/init_general_funcs.php:44]
    #2 require_once(/zcadmin/includes/init_includes/init_general_funcs.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:37]
    #3 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/zcadmin/includes/application_top.php:37]
    #4 require(/zcadmin/includes/application_top.php) called at [/zc_plugins/DisplayLogs/v3.0.0/admin/display_logs.php:35]
    #5 require(/zc_plugins/DisplayLogs/v3.0.0/admin/display_logs.php) called at [/zcadmin/index.php:23]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant zen_get_sub_categories - assumed 'zen_get_sub_categories' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /zcadmin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php on line 1725.

So I started at the beginning and went to all the help place I could find about how to fix the errors but I try one thing and it messes up another and then go back and change it back.

But it doesn’t seem like this is the problem because these errors were there in fact I copied them and made notes of them so I could figure them out later.

This was the only one with a fatal error that happened on that dreaded day at yeah 3 am

[19-Jan-2021 03:06:03 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/functions/extra_functionsadd_cookie_path_switch.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear') in /zcadmin/includes/init_includes/init_general_funcs.php on line 44

I tried all the stuff from this link
    Why am I getting 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR messages?
    also this one:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

and the forum and searched google

so I re-uploaded my configure.php files just in case I copied something I don’t remember doing that but I did relocate my download file so I could put some e-books on my site. I checked the code with a php checker and no errors.
    Then I changed the permissions back cleared my browser a few times and tried and NOPE

What are the steps to reproduce the problem?

Well updating till 3am and then go to bed. Yeah I know sleep is my friend.

Have you attempted to fix the problem? Yes yes yes

What steps have you taken? See above plus a hundred more things

Any other details that might be important, i.e. the port number

Oh yeah I noticed since the 16th I have no traffic showing when before I had quite a bit I understand now well since the day before yesterday is when I couldn’t see my site. So from the 16th to 19th-20 no traffic showing but I had traffic cause I can see it in sql file

Visitor History - Last 15 days

Day Sessions - Total
    01/16/2021 319 - 501
    01/15/2021 119 - 178
    01/14/2021 598 - 753
    01/13/2021 134 - 307
    01/12/2021 146 - 223
    01/11/2021 522 - 624
    01/10/2021 2133 - 2211
    01/09/2021 495 - 591
    01/08/2021 118 - 466
    01/07/2021 102 - 232
    01/06/2021 214 - 319
    01/05/2021 154 - 221
    01/04/2021 162 - 335
    01/03/2021 145 - 202
    01/02/2021 454 - 659

I backed up my sql and files but not before all this of course

Im about ready to reload over this but I really didnt want to have to do that

Any Ideas

Thanks

Taffy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 500 internal error

Quote Originally Posted by taffy6363 View Post
    I checked the logs and had these a whole bunch of them.

[21-Jan-2021 16:48:26 America/New_York] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Define' (T_STRING) in /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_all_business/footer_menu_defines.php on line 122

[21-Jan-2021 16:48:26 America/New_York] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=index, IP address: 68.6.169.166
    --> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Define' (T_STRING) in /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_all_business/footer_menu_defines.php on line 122.

[21-Jan-2021 16:56:50 America/New_York] Request URI: /zcadmin/index.php?cmd=display_logs, IP address: 68.6.169.166
    #1 require(/zcadmin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php) called at [/zcadmin/includes/init_includes/init_general_funcs.php:44]
    #2 require_once(/zcadmin/includes/init_includes/init_general_funcs.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:37]
    #3 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/zcadmin/includes/application_top.php:37]
    #4 require(/zcadmin/includes/application_top.php) called at [/zc_plugins/DisplayLogs/v3.0.0/admin/display_logs.php:35]
    #5 require(/zc_plugins/DisplayLogs/v3.0.0/admin/display_logs.php) called at [/zcadmin/index.php:23]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant zen_get_sub_categories - assumed 'zen_get_sub_categories' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /zcadmin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php on line 1725.
    The logs in red are what's causing your frontend to not load. The text highlighted in blue is the clue to solve your problem. The errors are telling you where EXACTLY to look so you can fix it.
    Now, try to open that file (/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_all_business/footer_menu_defines.php) and see what's happening on lines 121 and 122 - did you miss a semicolon or you have an apostrophe that you didn't escape (in plain english, it means you can't put something like "It's here" because of the apostrophe which you have to escape so it has to look like "It\'s here") or what?

Plugin Contributions

here is what i have in the foot menu defines file starting from line 111

111 define('TWITTER_ICON','twitter.png');

define('FACEBOOK_ICON','facebook.png');

define('INSTAGRAM_ICON','instagram.png')

/*bof bottom footer urls*/

122 Define('TWITTER', 'https://www.twitter.com');

Define('FACEBOOK', 'https://www.facebook.com');

126 Define('INSTAGRAM', 'https://www.instagram.com');

131 //EOF

I dont see it here do you it look ok

How did those errors show in red for you...
    Last edited by taffy6363; 22 Jan 2021 at 01:03 AM. Reason: adding more info

Plugin Contributions

here is what i have in the foot menu defines file starting from line 111

111 define('TWITTER_ICON','twitter.png');

define('FACEBOOK_ICON','facebook.png');

define('INSTAGRAM_ICON','instagram.png')

/*bof bottom footer urls*/

122 Define('TWITTER', 'https://www.twitter.com');

Define('FACEBOOK', 'https://www.facebook.com');

126 Define('INSTAGRAM', 'https://www.instagram.com');

131 //EOF

I dont see it here do you it look ok

How did those errors show in red for you...
    Did you copy/paste that? If so, you're missing a semicolon
    Code:
    define('INSTAGRAM_ICON','instagram.png');
    As for the red, LOL, I just formatted the text here in the reply.

Plugin Contributions

dang it I di not see what was right inf front of me let me go see if that helps.

and thank you for such fast response

I wish all errors would just turn red. How about that one can ya make it do that...That is for the future request to be included, I know I'm not the only one who wants that.. ok Ill check now man I hope it works

Plugin Contributions

it worked I can't believe one little semi-colon and fatal error

wow I am thanking you BIG the traffic is working too.

I do have lots more errors

21-Jan-2021 19:19:14 America/New_York] Request URI: /zcadmin/index.php?cmd=display_logs, IP address: 68.6.169.166

I am beyond happy!!

Plugin Contributions

it worked I can't believe one little semi-colon and fatal error
    Welcome to the world of programming

I do have lots more errors

21-Jan-2021 19:19:14 America/New_York] Request URI: /zcadmin/index.php?cmd=display_logs, IP address: 68.6.169.166

I am beyond happy!!
    This is not "lots more" - this is actually just one single error, which is in fact not an error, but just a warning. I'm not sure what's causing it, but since mc12345678 is incredibly diligent in keeping that plugin up-to-date, I'm guessing you're using an obsolete version and should download and install the latest-greatest directly from Github. It's a simple drag-and-drop install/update so you should be fine. If the error continues, I'd suggest asking about it in the EasyPopulate's official support thread where it's much more likely to get help for an issue related to EasyPopulate.

Plugin Contributions

I will do that and you know what...
    I feel like dancing, it is amazing what a semi-colon can do...

Miles of smiles : )

Taffy

Plugin Contributions

I fixed the problem. :-) Thank you to the posts on here. I appreciate these posts. Heidi
    Last edited by Heidisgarden; 3 Dec 2022 at 03:21 AM. Reason: I fixed it :-)