Plugin Contributions

Default Is there a WORKING or better yet DOCUMENTED Fedex Shipping Module?

https://www.apiarybeekeepingsupplies.com/buzzen
    ZC Version: 1.5.7 a
    Plugins: GoEmerchant, FedExWebservices
    Payment Module: goemerchant
    Shipping Module: FedExwebservices
    PHP Version: 7.2.33

Been working with this the last several weeks between surgeries, preparing for chemo, and generally getting griped at from the person I am trying to set this up for. So, I have questions.

WHY do I only get a [Close Window] option when trying to get a shipping estimate?

I have input all of the account information that the plugin will allow me to give it:

Fedex Account Number
    Fedex Meter Number

These are the only two account related items that the plugin asks for. Seems something else would be needed . . . maybe Fedex password? I don't know, can't find any documentation in the downloaded file.

One other bit of confusion: I downloaded and installed v1.5, but when editing the plug in it tells me I have v. 1.5.2 installed. Was this an oversight when updating the plugin, or is the server serving the wrong file -- or maybe the wrong file uploaded to the server as v. 1.5?

Very ill and not very patient with these things right now, so any help will be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a WORKING or better yet DOCUMENTED Fedex Shipping Module?

Can you do any of us a flavor and identify which fedex module has been installed? When I went to the plugins area and typed in the word fedex there were 20 of 23 results...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Assuming you're referring to https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1784

1. The empty-except-for-[Close Window] popup for Shipping Estimator is a consequence of a fatal PHP error causing the page to be unable to finish drawing.
    You can find the details of the errors in your site's /logs/ directory.
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/debug_logs/

2. It does appear that the plugin hosted here is not as current as the one on Numinix's website. It's unfortunate that they don't post their updates here as frequently as they do on their own site.

That said, it looks like their module isn't well maintained and isn't fully compatible with modern PHP versions. You may wish to ask them to update their module for modern PHP.

3. If you don't configure the module with your contact details and warehouse address, and set your Zen Cart shipping default zip code, the module won't quote any rates (you'll see rates for other modules installed, but not for this one).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dijenga View Post
    Very ill and not very patient with these things right now, so any help will be appreciated.
    thread drift:
    this page (https://www.apiarybeekeepingsupplies.com/) is awesome!

hope you feel better soon...
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Heal yourself first, fix your alt tags second, watch the accessibility (too many law suits out there) and the site will be awesome sauce.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    thread drift:
    this page (https://www.apiarybeekeepingsupplies.com/) is awesome!

hope you feel better soon...
    Thanks for the compliment. Site is about 2 years out, so probably rebuild it later this spring.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Assuming you're referring to https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1784

1. The empty-except-for-[Close Window] popup for Shipping Estimator is a consequence of a fatal PHP error causing the page to be unable to finish drawing.
    You can find the details of the errors in your site's /logs/ directory.
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/debug_logs/
    First, ignore Numinix's instructions about not editing the fedexwebservices.php page. If you don't edit it with your information, it will not work in spite of their assurances that it will work.

Is working now.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dijenga View Post
    First, ignore Numinix's instructions about not editing the fedexwebservices.php page. If you don't edit it with your information, it will not work in spite of their assurances that it will work.
    Is working now.
    I pulled the latest version of Fedex web services plugin from the Numinix site. Installed and configured it with previous known good configuration on a fresh v1.57c upgrade
    Unfortunately, it does not work. I don't see errors, it simply does not render any output.
    Suggestions on where to start?
    Is there a log file?

I looked in the fedexwebservices.php and see there is a login hard coded. I don't have a login for fedex(other than FedEx website login), just a FedEx Account Number & FedEx Meter Number which I configured into the plugin
    Last edited by split63; 5 Jan 2022 at 09:45 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I tried various versions on the Numinix site, some would render no output, others would impair ZenCart. Ultimately I found that the latest version on the Zen cart Plug-in page worked for v1.57c. And it worked without the need to edit any php files