Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Suddenly I have a store that is inaccessible

@lat9

I have the perms to 755 and 777 to no avail. It showed the debug files once then never again before any changes were made to permissions. The path set in the config files are correctly written too. I can't remember if I mentioned but I have a landing page that is https://fantasiesrealm.com and it is blank too, it was the first to disappear.

I found that there was the link to the cache folder missing a letter so I added that letter and that was when it worked. have made sure that the letter is still in there but still with this disappearance it is hiding well.

@davewest

All links in the config files look correct.

I removed the .htassess file totally, re-uploaded it then renamed it to see if one would be recreated and still no see store nor front page which is mainly html.

I have removed the contents from the .htaccess file leaving only the ceon stuff for that mod and still blank.

Plugin Contributions

So, going back to just your base address I get a 500 error.. but your favicon is loading..

GET results:
    scheme https
    host www.fantasiesrealm.com
    filename /
    Address ------------------
    Status 500
    Internal Server Error
    VersionHTTP/2
    Transferred168 B (0 B size)

You can try uploading a plan html file with a image or 'hello would' just to see if you can get to it.. You can do the same thing to test/get php info by creating a page NAME.php with a simple 3 lines..
    Code:
    <?php

phpinfo();

?>
    If you get no response from ether file, I would check with your host to see if the server or SSL was setup right...
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Will try that but now that you mention it...the old host was the one I got the SSL from (comodo thru them) and it is almost ready for renewal but not for the price the host sold it to me for. The new host sold me one through comodo also in December and supposedly installed it. This did not cancel the other one I had with other host we moved from?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Will try that but now that you mention it...the old host was the one I got the SSL from (comodo thru them) and it is almost ready for renewal but not for the price the host sold it to me for. The new host sold me one through comodo also in December and supposedly installed it. This did not cancel the other one I had with other host we moved from?

ok, just tried it with several files both in the .com and the .com/market/ I got to see the files except index.php

Plugin Contributions

ok, just tried it with several files both in the .com and the .com/market/ I got to see the files except index.php
    Now I can see your lead in page and the SSL is starting to behave, it's says 'Let's Encrypt' not 'comodo'. The SSL chain still goes back to comodo.. If you click on the Doc's link above and do a search on 'move host', you can get a list of several good sections on SSL and moving hosts.

When you did the phpinfo page, did it give you the expected php versions!
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Now I can see your lead in page and the SSL is starting to behave, it's says 'Let's Encrypt' not 'comodo'. The SSL chain still goes back to comodo.. If you click on the Doc's link above and do a search on 'move host', you can get a list of several good sections on SSL and moving hosts.

When you did the phpinfo page, did it give you the expected php versions!

Yup it took me many hours last night to go through the entire bunch of folders and files to see if there were any 0kb files cause the host blamed that. so with him on the line, I did just that. I figured why not if he was going to act holier than thou cause he is a tech...LOL

I found out that somehow that index.php was not only in the market folder but also root level. I removed it and yay that let the lead page show. The market still is not doing anything though except I finally did get an error_log file and it too said what you saw. It also said that the application_top is not on the server...yes it is I can see it so I uploaded another one, refreshed, cleared browser cache, and still white page.

Still no errors in the cache folder. I then asked him why the thing was saying to encrypt and he very smugly said...well it might be that cause you did not install it. That I have to install it after buying it. Not the thing to tell me in that tone. I took great pleasure in telling him the amount I paid, the date, and the invoice number then told him if he looked into the account prior to telling anyone they did not buy something he would have seen that I did. After silence, he then said that yes it was purchased but never installed. I was livid since December I have not had my new SSL installed like they said they would, no wonder I didn't get any email with the SSL info either.

needless to say the host is supposed to do it as soon as possible...I won't hold my breath. But aside from the store forums have settled down a bit but that is another story. Sorry for the newsletter here.

Yes everyfie I tried to look at I saw the contents of each. The phpinfo one showed the php info for sure.

Plugin Contributions

Yap... hard to pay for good tech's, easier to provide flip books. I have had bad luck with some but was able to fix and install SSL's myself.

If the file is there and the size is correct.. check permission, files 644 folders 755... Check and recheck both config files for correct path ways. If you do edits with your cpanel file editor, be sure to change permission to 755 before editing and back after saving.

Ether way, SSL well take some time to make it through the network so you got some time. You may want to post a simple line on your landing page to let customers know you are working out some bugs after moving. After all this work, you may feel better at that upgrade too..
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Unlike DNS propagation, SSLs should propagate in hours. Often, it's completed in less than an hour.

Also,
    The new host sold me one through comodo also in December and supposedly installed it. This did not cancel the other one I had with other host we moved from?
    You may have a reason to get a refund from your host. Your current certificate is NOT from Comodo. It is just as secure as a standard Comodo certificate and your site is not in danger from the installed SSL but, you may be in danger if your host is charging you for one thing and providing another.

That's a rather interesting business plan. Charge for Comodo, provide free, berate customer for not installing.

Plugin Contributions

It also said that the application_top is not on the server...yes it is I can see it so I uploaded another one, refreshed, cleared browser cache, and still white page.

Still no errors in the cache folder.
    what it probably said, is that the application_top is not on the server where the script said it was going to be.... and until it finds the application top it will not log any errors to the cache folder....

if your store is not loading properly, it is generally a problem with the configure.php files, or you did not load all of the files properly onto the server. my guess is the former...

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

@dbltoe

They got it done at 11 this morning...for the entire domain, not just the store, yay.

Unfortunately, it is not letting the store appear to us yet...LOL The admin area has been showing all this time so I figure it must be the main store files not the admin folder files. At the other host, I would buy it from them then Comodo would send me the information and I did the installation...holding breath as I did it LOL

This host did not send me the stuff to install it either not even this time.

@carkwhat

The file is in the proper spot: the path to file/includes/application_top.php

As for the loading of files, nothing surprises me...LOL I have had nothing but one problem after another with this host/dedi server and spent several nights/days running on 3 hours of sleep so yup maybe it was that but since then I have reuploaded the files and the store was working until a few days ago, at least with the only trouble of it having was the white page for only 1 product vendors. Re-creating the product info in admin/ making a different spot did nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast