Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default attributes controller no longer showing options

When I click on a option name, the values do not appear. This has happened since upgrading to 1.5.6 last year - don't think the client has done anything with the attributes in a long time. There are no error messages of any kind. I'm quite sure I did a completely thorough upgrade - removing all old files and starting over again but this appears to be some sort of wrong file in the wrong place situation.

In addition, the attributes controller was throwing warnings on 7.3 about the lack of apostrophes around the echo text statements (how did that get missed? appears the same in 1.5.7 as I even uploaded that file into this installation hoping for a fix.)

There are virtually no mods that change core files in admin and nothing that should interfere to my knowledge.

Ideas of where to start or should I just upgrade to 1.5.7 in hopes it fixes itself? I'm not adverse to that but I really want to know what's happened.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: attributes controller no longer showing options

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    In addition, the attributes controller was throwing warnings on 7.3 about the lack of apostrophes around the echo text statements (how did that get missed? appears the same in 1.5.7 as I even uploaded that file into this installation hoping for a fix.)
    "lack of apostrophes"? Care to elaborate? Perhaps with logs and examples?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

<?php echo TEXT_DELETE_OPTION_VALUE; ?> to <?php echo 'TEXT_DELETE_OPTION_VALUE'; ?>

Plugin Contributions

FWIW, the zc156c version of /admin/attributes_controller.php doesn't include a reference to TEXT_DELET_OPTION_VALUE.

The zc157+ versions do, along with the following definition in /admin/includes/languages/english/attributes_controller.php
    Code:
      define('TEXT_DELETE_OPTION_VALUE', 'Delete Option Value');

Plugin Contributions

okay so I created that problem. Sorry! Trying to fix the original issue did not work!

Still guys, the attributes controller doesn't work, I'm getting no errors or warning in the browser. Lost cause?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm guessing that if your 156 site has references to 157-only stuff in it, that your other problems might be related to other changes that came in 157 but which you haven't replicated in your 156?

As with any anomaly like this, a compare of all files in the subject site against a fresh clean uncustomized set of 156 files is a good place to start finding what's not matching original code, and thereby exposing possible areas where root causes of such symptoms might stem from.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No, I only uploaded the one file in trying to fix the problem. I guarantee you there are NO other 1.57 files.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay.

My other points stand: a comparison should reveal what's different from original code, where the original code does work, thus leading you to a solution to your presenting problem.

Plugin Contributions

I went one better by uploading fresh 1.5.6 admin files in a new folder so no mods at all. This version of 1.5.6 includes all patches/fixes and I use it all the time and have a number of sites with it working fine.

This is the site I've had so many issues for years with after some idiots made tons of changes. This last attempt to fix all problems was the 1.5.6 upgrade in a new folder and mods then installed on top of it. So the files are fine - my worry all along was the database because it had been so highly modified to accommodate what the last guys wanted to do. So still buggy - I see other bizarre error logs now too.
    tpl_modules_attributes.php throwing an error
    Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in -- and fixed with updated code though not throwing an error on other sites.

This morning a new one :
    Use of undefined constant NAVBAR_TITLE_1 - assumed 'NAVBAR_TITLE_1' in public_html/includes/modules/pages/popup_attributes_qty_prices/header_php.php on line 12.

Can you weigh in on what might be happening? I'm out of ideas, hosting support has dug into it and my poor client has been very patient. He does understand the issues here but I'm about to blow!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    This morning a new one :
    Use of undefined constant NAVBAR_TITLE_1 - assumed 'NAVBAR_TITLE_1' in public_html/includes/modules/pages/popup_attributes_qty_prices/header_php.php on line 12.
    Not sure about the original attributes controller problem, but this warning was identified as a bug in ZC v1.5.7 here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....68#post1364068
    Simon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast