Plugin Contributions

Default Define Pages - changes the files but they don't display

I have used the Admin -> Tools -> Define Pages Editor to do things like update the terms of use and privacy pages.
    Using SCP and looking at the files in the directories, I can see that includes/languages/english/html_includes/responsive_classic has the edited files, but they do not display when I click the respective links in the actual shop. Should the edited files be moved elsewhere, or is something not being picked up correctly.

I have also looked at Configuration -> Define Page Status and the only page there is Define Page-Not-Found Status. None of the other page keys that show up in the documentation are there. So how do I change the status of those other pages?

Shop is located at https://mencik.com/shop

Note: There are no actual products yet, as I'm trying to get all the setup stuff done before the loading of products.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Pages - changes the files but they don't desiplay

How was this store installed? What were the source of the files? What was the source of the database. While it sounds like a "blank" database it seems that there are already categories defined/broken down. Curious if have same issue when using demo product?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The store was installed with the InstallGenie from my host via cpanel.
    I have defined some categories but not added products yet.

The issue I describe has absolutely nothing to do with products, so I fail to understand why that was even mentioned.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by smencik View Post
    The store was installed with the InstallGenie from my host via cpanel.
    I have defined some categories but not added products yet.

The issue I describe has absolutely nothing to do with products, so I fail to understand why that was even mentioned.
    Anything other than manual installation runs the possibility of issues as described. A default install contains all of the defines necessary to support turning on/off that and many other define pages.

Considering the posting tips were and continue to be completely ignored, in offering my assistance I was left to attempt to identify paths of potential cause including the possibility that there is/was an issue with the initial software. There have been significant changes to what is included in installation. Seeing that none of the demo product were installed (which also means no demo categories), there was indication that a blank install was performed and then categories generated, that other files/data had been installed and some action taken to remove what was present *or* a combination of both.

With the absence of these defines, there is question about how much else (either software or database) is missing from the InstallGenie's efforts.

Suggestion would be (after a full backup of files and database) to obtain a fresh copy of the install files (see the links at the homepage of this forum, or this link from it: https://www.zen-cart.com/latest) and the information from the includes/configure.php that supports database access (defines that begin with DB_ ), upload the original fileset, access zc_install, perform a new install (which will wipe out the database information generated thus far), follow the directions of the zc_install process and then resume with testing and operation.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Tested with fresh install of 1.5.7b, verified behavior is correct. There is an issue with your install; as @mc notes, manual installation of Zen Cart (vs using an installer) is what's recommended.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._do_i_install/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Pages - changes the files but they don't display

Quote Originally Posted by smencik View Post
    I have used the Admin -> Tools -> Define Pages Editor to do things like update the terms of use and privacy pages.
    Using SCP and looking at the files in the directories, I can see that includes/languages/english/html_includes/responsive_classic has the edited files, but they do not display when I click the respective links in the actual shop. Should the edited files be moved elsewhere, or is something not being picked up correctly.
    If the actual define_xyz.php file contains the edits you made, but the updated content doesn't display when customers visit your web store, then it would seem that the old content has been cached somehow.
    Three possible cache scenarios exist in this case:
    1. If you've installed a 3rd party add-on/plugin that offers some form of caching. (You didn't mention such, so I assume you didn't, but I mention it here as a possiiblity, albeit unlikely).
    2. Your browser is aggressively caching page content and it's not getting updated organically. This "could" be a result of server-side apache .htaccess or other configurations. Test: does the "old" content also appear on another browser that's never opened that page before? If the "new" content shows instead, then your browser is caching it.
    3. Your server might have a PHP caching subsystem enabled, perhaps opcache or apc etc. Restarting PHP may release that cache (it's required for opcache to reload) (you probably don't have control over that, but ask your hosting company).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.