Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Form Sesson Time Out

Quote Originally Posted by mito0930 View Post
    As for the includes/configure.php file... is there something I should fix there or is it ok as it is?
    They (catalog side at least) appear correct. For some, especially those that read this thread in the future, they may have thought that the only action necessary was to use the .htaccess to force https:; however, that only really addresses the "first page" load. The settings in the includes/configure.php of using https: for all links ensures that as one navigates around the site, that the links generated using zen_href_link to build the link will always be an https: link.

As for further investigation, perhaps providing the session information as displayed when looking in the admin, "upper right corner", version link. There should be a section in the lower php area related to sessions...

Another thought is if there is anything that is different in includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php than what is available in a default install and/or additional files in that directory other than what is provided with a default installation. There may be other "places" that could affect operation, but I was able to reproduce the above issue described earlier today while on my mobile.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    They (catalog side at least) appear correct. For some, especially those that read this thread in the future, they may have thought that the only action necessary was to use the .htaccess to force https:; however, that only really addresses the "first page" load. The settings in the includes/configure.php of using https: for all links ensures that as one navigates around the site, that the links generated using zen_href_link to build the link will always be an https: link.

As for further investigation, perhaps providing the session information as displayed when looking in the admin, "upper right corner", version link. There should be a section in the lower php area related to sessions...

Another thought is if there is anything that is different in includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php than what is available in a default install and/or additional files in that directory other than what is provided with a default installation. There may be other "places" that could affect operation, but I was able to reproduce the above issue described earlier today while on my mobile.
    I removed the force rewrite, nothing has changed in terms of the session timeout. The website is exactly the same as it was before, so like you said, the force rewrite isn't exactly necessary.

Here's the session information I believe you're looking for. Blurred area is just my admin path. (image)
    Name:  QMNgRajboC.png
Views: 61
Size:  33.4 KB

I haven't touched any of the files in the modules folder so I don't suspect that it's there. I'll try replacing those files with the original install files to see if it'll fix itself that way.
    Last edited by mito0930; 3 Mar 2021 at 11:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I'd say it's due to mixing the www and non-www URLs. If I click the Home button on your site, it goes to www, and if I click the Contact Us button, it goes to non-www, but the form's action is pointing to www (from a non-www page).
    Try setting your includes/configure.php to not use www in neither HTTP_SERVER nor HTTPS_SERVER, and maybe add an htaccess redirect to force non-www version just in case. And, of course, be consistent with your URLs (not sure how you coded the links in your header).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    I'd say it's due to mixing the www and non-www URLs. If I click the Home button on your site, it goes to www, and if I click the Contact Us button, it goes to non-www, but the form's action is pointing to www (from a non-www page).
    Try setting your includes/configure.php to not use www in neither HTTP_SERVER nor HTTPS_SERVER, and maybe add an htaccess redirect to force non-www version just in case. And, of course, be consistent with your URLs (not sure how you coded the links in your header).
    This was the solution, thank you!
    On top of editing the files you suggested, I did a rewrite through my host admin control panel to remove the www from the url (Dreamhost).

Plugin Contributions

I should add, I got an SMTP Email error with the rewrite in my .htaccess on. Getting rid of it gets rid of the error.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12