Plugin Contributions

Default EZ pages Chapter/TOC query

v1.5.7b PHP7.3 responsive classic template

I have read this document https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/ezpag...hapter-and-toc and followed the process. admin/configuration/EZ pages configuration settings are set correctly so as to allow chapter and TOC status and previous next status.

No TOC or previous/continue/next is showing on the published pages that share the same chapter and have sequential TOC numbers entered in admin/tools/ez_pages (chapter 1 TOC 1,2)- can someone offer a hint as to how I might resolve this?

cheers,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EZ pages Chapter/TOC query

In demo data, the URL to the sample set of EZ-Pages with TOC and prev/next nav is:

index.php?main_page=page&id=1&chapter=10

The &chapter= parameter is auto-generated by the ez-pages-header module because it looks up whether the TOC applies.

If your implementation has manually-entered URLs or created by some other URL generator, then you won't get the TOC nav when the page URL is without the &chapter= value,

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    In demo data, the URL to the sample set of EZ-Pages with TOC and prev/next nav is:

index.php?main_page=page&id=1&chapter=10

The &chapter= parameter is auto-generated by the ez-pages-header module because it looks up whether the TOC applies.

If your implementation has manually-entered URLs or created by some other URL generator, then you won't get the TOC nav when the page URL is without the &chapter= value,
    Many thanks DrByte, I appreciate your quick response and great advice - I am using CEON URI Mapping with default url creation - so unticked that for the appropriate pages and all is good, works a treat.

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Many thanks DrByte, I appreciate your quick response and great advice - I am using CEON URI Mapping with default url creation - so unticked that for the appropriate pages and all is good, works a treat.

cheers, Mike
    Umm. Not sure what you mean by working "differently" between using the uri rewriter and not. I went to a demo cart with Ceon URI rewriter installed and one that doesn't. Initially in both I went to the suggested index.php?min_page=page?id=1&chapter=10 and saw the prev/next options in the center of the screen.

I then went into the Ceon enabled store and set the auto-generated uri for the same link. The generated link was ezpages without anything after it.

Went to the page using just the auto-generated link and the options were not present.

I then entered the full page from above to the Ceon related site: index.php?main_page=page&id=1&chapter=10 and it redirected to ezpages?chapter=10. So I went to the non-Ceon store and entered index.php?main_page=page&id=1 (without the chapter) and had the same "result" of no prev/next options.

I then also found that the menu offered an "Ezpages" link under the additional links menu option. For the Ceon site, the link included ezpages?chapter=10, for the other site it was as DrByte provided.

So... again, I wonder what it is/was that was expected to be different considering the same end result is available both with and without Ceon URI enabled...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...