Plugin Contributions

red flag After Upgrading to 157c I rebuilt a shipping mod ZEN_NEXTDAY.php after the FLAT.php

157c
    display_logs-2.2
    EasyPopulate4-4.0.37.11
    reCaptcha v3.4
    keep_cart1.0
    google_analytics-bada883
    one-page-checkout-2.3.7
    remember-me-2.0.1
    sitemapXML
    usu-3.0.8
    Image-Handler-5.1.10

After Upgrading to 157c I rebuilt a shipping mod ZEN_NEXTDAY.php after the FLAT.php . The problem is that when I select the new mod in the checkout process and click "submit" it just goes back to the same screen and does not create any log error messages. But, I can choose the flat.php module and it will let me proceed and checkout. I substituted "zen_nextday" for the "flat" where I saw it made sense in the flat.php and named it zen_nextday.php. Could you take a look and see if you can find the problem? I have confirmed that the config is installed in the database and the module is installed. I do not understand why it is not accepting the shipping option and moving to the next step in checkout?

When I do this with the one-page-checkout turned on and the new shipping module chosen it blanks out both shipping options and tells me I need to choose a shipping option but nothing is there to select now.

Any new requirements for reusing the existing shipping modules to make new ones?

<?php
    /**
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2020 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: DrByte 2020 Sep 29 Modified in v1.5.7a $
    */

class zen_nextday {
    var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled;

function __construct() {
    $this->code = 'zen_nextday';
    $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_TEXT_TITLE;
    $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
    $this->sort_order = defined('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_SORT_ORDER') ? MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_SORT_ORDER : null;
    if (null === $this->sort_order) return false;

$this->icon = '';
    $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_TAX_CLASS;
    $this->tax_basis = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_TAX_BASIS;

// disable only when entire cart is free shipping
    if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
    $this->enabled = (MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_STATUS == 'True');
    }

$this->update_status();
    }

/**
    * Perform various checks to see whether this module should be visible
    */
    function update_status() {
    global $order, $db;
    if (!$this->enabled) return;
    if (IS_ADMIN_FLAG === true) return;

if ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_ZONE > 0) {
    $check_flag = false;
    $check = $db->Execute("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
    while (!$check->EOF) {
    if ($check->fields['zone_id'] < 1) {
    $check_flag = true;
    break;
    } elseif ($check->fields['zone_id'] == $order->delivery['zone_id']) {
    $check_flag = true;
    break;
    }
    $check->MoveNext();
    }

if ($check_flag == false) {
    $this->enabled = false;
    }
    }
    }

function quote($method = '') {
    global $order;

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
    'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_TEXT_TITLE,
    'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
    'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_TEXT_WAY,
    'cost' => MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_COST)));
    if ($this->tax_class > 0) {
    $this->quotes['tax'] = zen_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
    }

if (zen_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = zen_image($this->icon, $this->title);

return $this->quotes;
    }

function check() {
    global $db;
    if (!isset($this->_check)) {
    $check_query = $db->Execute("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_STATUS'");
    $this->_check = $check_query->RecordCount();
    }
    return $this->_check;
    }

function install() {
    global $db;
    $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable First Class Shipping', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer first class shipping?', '6', '0', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
    $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, val_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Cost', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_COST', '5.00', 'The shipping cost for all orders using this shipping method.', '6', '0', '" . '{"error":"TEXT_POSITIVE_FLOAT","id":"FILTER_VALIDATE_FLOAT","options":{"options ":{"min_range":0}}}' . "', now())");
    $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'zen_get_tax_class_title', 'zen_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");
    $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Basis', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_TAX_BASIS', 'Shipping', 'On what basis is Shipping Tax calculated. Options are<br />Shipping - Based on customers Shipping Address<br />Billing Based on customers Billing address<br />Store - Based on Store address if Billing/Shipping Zone equals Store zone', '6', '0', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'Shipping\', \'Billing\', \'Store\'), ', now())");
    $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.', '6', '0', 'zen_get_zone_class_title', 'zen_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
    $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZEN_NEXTDAY_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', now())");
    }

function remove() {
    global $db;
    $db->Execute("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key like 'MODULE\_SHIPPING\_ZEN_NEXTDAY\_%'");
    }

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After Upgrading to 157c I rebuilt a shipping mod ZEN_NEXTDAY.php after the FLAT.p

How about instead of zen_nextday with the underscore in the name, use something like zennextday as a single word without an underscore. Note, that also need to ensure that a language file exists with the name of the class and the filename.

Not something you would necessarily see in the code of the above module but instead the process flow.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After Upgrading to 157c I rebuilt a shipping mod ZEN_NEXTDAY.php after the FLAT.p

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    How about instead of zen_nextday with the underscore in the name, use something like zennextday as a single word without an underscore. Note, that also need to ensure that a language file exists with the name of the class and the filename.

Not something you would necessarily see in the code of the above module but instead the process flow.
    You nailed it, @mc12345678! Shipping modules cannot have underscores in their names.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you all so much that is it! DO NOT PUT UNDERSCORES IN NEW SHIPPING TEMPLATE NAMES OR SHIPPING CLASS NAMES!!!!

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    Thank you all so much that is it! DO NOT PUT UNDERSCORES IN NEW SHIPPING TEMPLATE NAMES OR SHIPPING CLASS NAMES!!!!

Thank you!
    Also see the Zen Cart docs on the subject:

https://docs.zen-cart.com/dev/code/m...pping_modules/
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/dev/code/m...lone_shipping/

Plugin Contributions

Wow, It seems like it would be good for this document to be included in the forum search.... so much good information!

Thank you Lat9!