Plugin Contributions

Default SQL Errors Post Checkout and Order Details

Hi,
    I have just completed a long overdue upgrade from 1.3 to 1.5.7 c. Naturally there have been some teething issues. I am getting a couple of errors noted in the logs:

i) On completing a payment (I use the paypal express checkout module) there is fatal SQL error in the logs:

Unknown column 'language_code' in 'field list' :: INSERT INTO orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, payment_module_code, shipping_method, shipping_module_code, coupon_code, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, order_total, order_tax, currency, currency_value, ip_address, language_code, order_weight) VALUES ('1', 'rez khan', '', '306 starkweather drive', '', 'beaver dam', '53916', 'Wisconsin', 'United States', '2066966606', 'r1234######################', '2', 'John Smith', '', '1234 New Drive', '', 'New Town', '12345', 'TX', 'United States', '2', 'John Smith', '', 123 New drive', '', 'New Town', '12345', 'TX', 'United States', '2', 'Credit Card', 'paypaldp', 'Store Pickup (Walk In)', 'storepickup', '', 'Visa', 'John Smith, 'XXXXXX', '', now(), '2', '0.01055', '0.00055', 'USD', '1.000000', '99.91.162.121 - 99.91.162.121', 'en', '0') ==> (as called by)
    /home3/genesbea/public_html/genesweddingflorals/includes/functions/database.php

ii) On clicking on the orders link in the admin area I get the following error which prevents orders from being displayed:

Unknown column 'o.language_code' in 'field list' :: SELECT o.orders_id, o.customers_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.shipping_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, o.order_total, o.customers_company, o.customers_email_address, o.customers_street_address, o.delivery_company, o.delivery_name, o.delivery_street_address, o.billing_company, o.billing_name, o.billing_street_address, o.payment_module_code, o.shipping_module_code, o.orders_status, o.ip_address, o.language_code
    FROM (orders o )
    LEFT JOIN orders_status s ON (o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id AND s.language_id = 1) ORDER BY o.orders_id DESC ==> (as called by) /home3/genesbea/public_html/genesweddingflorals/GARDENIA/orders.php on line 1204 <== in /home3/genesbea/public_html/genesweddingflorals/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 170.

The URL of the shopping cart is https://genesweddingflorals.com/index.php.
    PHP version is 7.2
    Plugins : Zipship/Paypal Express

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SQL Errors Post Checkout and Order Details

It seems you're missing a column in your orders table, specifically language_code. Did you run the zc_install to upgrade the database all the way to 1.5.7? What does your project_version database table say, is it showing 1.5.7c for both?

Plugin Contributions

This can happen if the ALTER TABLE statements for the orders table failed because there were misformatted dates in the orders table from plugins.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...andardization/

You can test this by going to phpMyAdmin and using performing the operation that was missed:

ALTER TABLE orders ADD language_code char(2) NOT NULL default '';

You will get an error message that tells you why this failed. Fix that error, then run the ALTER TABLE again.

Then look at your upgrade logs and see what else was missed - you'll have to re-do those operations too.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Yep, ran the zc_install so I am up to date.

Plugin Contributions

Bear in mind that just because the Version tab says database 1.5.7 doesn't mean the database was in fact successfully updated, especially in your case where it's known that you ran into errors. You have to look at the logs (if any) that were created during the update. If you have deleted those logs but you haven't gone live yet, re-load your old database and re-run zc_install.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

It's looking good now. Thanks for your help!