Plugin Contributions

Default New Product - Coming Soon - Available by order ...

Hi Guys,
    Is it possible to add labels on the products such as "coming soon", "New product" etc without having to edit the photo of the product? Attached a similar screenshot from another website.

Thanks a lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 10.45.07 AM.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	19497

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Product - Coming Soon - Available by order ...

Of course it's possible - anything is possible.

This very much depends on your template - you would need to add the coding for the badge, create a function that triggers the badge and lastly add the css to style and position it. It's relatively simple, but I don't think you'll find anything ready-made because it's very template-dependant.

Plugin Contributions

This reminds me of the Image Handler 5 mod that can put a watermark on all the images..... I would think with a little programming that a list of products could be made to put a specialized watermark on to give more information on the item.... This sounds like something that needs to be put on the ideas list.... I could be wrong but I would think multiple watermarks could be put on the same image?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    This reminds me of the Image Handler 5 mod that can put a watermark on all the images..... I would think with a little programming that a list of products could be made to put a specialized watermark on to give more information on the item.... This sounds like something that needs to be put on the ideas list.... I could be wrong but I would think multiple watermarks could be put on the same image?
    It probably could be done, but IMHO a huge overkill. And let's not forget you'd need to re-build the image when the status changes (for example, the "coming soon" actually comes and you now need to remove that watermark) so you need to re-build the image with other watermarks but not that one, and you need to make sure it's named different so the user's browser loads the new one instead of the old one from cache. And you might have that old one in some of your feeds etc etc etc. Watermarking should be the very last resort for such uses.

Again, it's quite simple to code it and add the label, but 70% of the code will always be template-dependant so creating such a plugin would be a nightmare to support...

Plugin Contributions

Looks like I have too much free time... Can someone recommend a good movie on Netflix?

Here's a plugin that would get you started with the labels, but keep in mind this VERY much depends on the template and the example I have provided is based on responsive_classic. You'll need to find the wrapper for your image, add relative positioning and style the ribbons as you wish.
    product_labels.zip