Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Connect to storefront and database on a different server.

I was never hacked. My main site is abcrealestateschool.com. I linked to abcrealestateschools.com for educational materials and the zen-cart order form. Google didn't like it that I was sending students to such a similar site to order. They are both protected and safe but they were a flag to google.

Plugin Contributions

Siteground responded:
    I see. I'm afraid that this is actually down to the website configuration more than the hosting configuration. If the files are saved with the same database details this means that the websites will open the information from the same database and may not show up as two separate websites. I would recommend reaching out to a professional website developer, as this is more of a development related inquiry. As a hosting provider we focus on finding and resolving hosting related issues and as such website configuration and development does fall outside of our hosting scope of support.
    I want abcrealestateschools.com to remain a usable Web site because I have students using that site for their courses, different courses for the courses on abcrealestateschool.com. I was hoping to let students use both domains to order, but have a central location for the student information to flow in to.

Plugin Contributions

I changed the 2 config files. Because the set-up is identical, there were only 7 url changes - including changing the location of the catalog. I had to change file permissions to change one of the config files. Because it wouldn't let me change the permission back to 444, after the change, and when I clicked on the page link, it was a Zen-cart message - I panicked and changed it back. Than I had to ask siteground to fix the permissions anyway.
    Do you think it would have worked if I had been able to change the permissions back to 444? It is possible to have multiple storefronts, all pouring into a single database and admin just by changing those 2 files to the new database location?

Plugin Contributions

IMHO, I think google flags your site due to the fact all your sites are using http instead of https.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte Sensei! It is working. It took a change in permissions and back to 444 to fix the 2 files. In those files, I changed the database locations and a couple of URL's, did not change the catalog URL's, changed the server from localhost to the IP address of the new database. It worked but threw a 'redirect' error on occasion when I tried to access either admin. I contacted my host and they:

I was able to resolve the issue by deactivating the Dynamic cache with these directives in the .htaccess:
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0,no-store"
    </IfModule>

It is siteground, and they already had to give permission for one site to access the other database for my course management system. It just need the cache off and a flush and this change.
    Seems to be working! Multiple order forms into 1 central database and admin.
    Super!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12